Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened, both doors won't open from inside the cab. Locks work fine, both with the FOB and the lock button on the console, but the interior door latches will not open the door. I have to roll down the window and use the outside handle to open.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to troubleshoot it?

I have tried locking and unlocking multiple times, and that doesn't work. Only rolling down the window and using the exterior door handles.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
Just happened, both doors won't open from inside the cab. Locks work fine, both with the FOB and the lock button on the console, but the interior door latches will not open the door. I have to roll down the window and use the outside handle to open.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to troubleshoot it?

I have tried locking and unlocking multiple times, and that doesn't work. Only rolling down the window and using the exterior door handles.
It will not unlock with the interior handle. It must be unlocked in order for the handle to unlatch the door. If it is unlocked and will not unlatch then you need to go to Dicktator's Power Points and look under doors or inside door handle.

You might want to bookmark that link for future ref.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will not unlock with the interior handle. It must be unlocked in order for the handle to unlatch the door. If it is unlocked and will not unlatch then you need to go to Dicktator's Power Points and look under doors or inside door handle.

You might want to bookmark that link for future ref.
The doors are unlocked. They won't open from the inside, even with the lock in the unlocked (raised) position.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
The doors are unlocked. They won't open from the inside, even with the lock in the unlocked (raised) position.
Do the door handles on the inside feel like they are not connected to anything? If so, it may be that you have had failures of the inside door handles. Kinda strange that both are doing it....... but the "lock" will lock both the inside handle and the outside handle at the same time...... so I doubt it has anything to do with the locking mechanism.

My vote is for a failure of both inside door handles...

We have parts and a process to fix that problem....

Mike

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
From your description, it sounds very much like a problem I experienced a couple of times. In my case, the plastic connector that the inside handle actuator fits into had come loose from its mount in the inner sheet-metal of the door. The plastic connector is attached to the pull-rod that releases the door latch. When the plastic connector is not firmly seated in the door, it just flops around and doesn't provide a good "pull" on the rod, but you can still release the door latch with the outside door pull.

Take off the inside door panel and reseat the connector to the door panel (slips in place with a couple of plastic tabs) and you should be good-to-go. In my case, the problem occurred more than once after a few weeks of working well, you can always use some sort of adhesive or tape to help keep it from slipping again.

Attached image is of the part to which I refer. The off-white section is where the metal door-handle rear-extension seats. The dark purple section mounts to the inner door skin. You can see where the rod attaches to the rear of the off-white plastic section and that slides back and forth in the darker housing.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Carl, that is great advice.

Weird thing is, they are both working now.

It still felt the same pulling on the interior handle, it just didn't unlatch. I was also on flat ground, so it wasn't like the weight of the door was working against me.

I'll take a look at it if the problem returns. Thanks a lot guys for all of your insight!

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,949 Posts
Thanks Carl, that is great advice.

Weird thing is, they are both working now.

It still felt the same pulling on the interior handle, it just didn't unlatch. I was also on flat ground, so it wasn't like the weight of the door was working against me.

I'll take a look at it if the problem returns. Thanks a lot guys for all of your insight!
When was last time you changed IGNITION SWITCH??

Everything goes thru switch, when was last time changed battery??
Dicktator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts