Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any input on Dr. Color Chip? Seems relatively expensive, but it would be worth it if it's as good as advertised/
Thanks.
Dags

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,402 Posts
I did all the chips on mine over the winter with it. One panel at a time. Can't even remember where the nicks are anymore. Matched very good. Watch their videos. Not very expensive at all for what you get and you don't use much at all.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/demo/videos.php

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I did all the chips on mine over the winter with it. One panel at a time. Can't even remember where the nicks are anymore. Matched very good. Watch their videos. Not very expensive at all for what you get and you don't use much at all.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/demo/videos.php
:surprise:
Wow, I had never heard of this outfit. My black SSR has picked up some rock chips on the hood and front fenders and maybe a couple on front edge of rear fenders. This looks like the way to go to kinda make them disappear.

Think I'll give it a try over the winter months.:smile2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,402 Posts
:surprise:
Wow, I had never heard of this outfit. My black SSR has picked up some rock chips on the hood and front fenders and maybe a couple on front edge of rear fenders. This looks like the way to go to kinda make them disappear.

Think I'll give it a try over the winter months.:smile2:
The deep nicks have to be done 4 or 5 times because you wipe it on and wipe it off each time untill it fills the chip. No paint outside the nick when you are done so it doesn't look like a big blob like most touch up jobs do. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
14,055 Posts
On the squeeze yadayada the Before and After - the After shows paint on the grille and also over coverage in places.
How easy is clean up in areas that weren't meant to have paint?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Dr. Colorchip will not ship to Canada.

For us folks north of the border, I am told that Chipfixx is essentially the same product and process.

Chipfixx.ca is located in Ontario, so there are no shipping issues.

I have not tried this product myself, so have no direct personal experience to offer.

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have used it on all pf my cars and very pleased with it. It is almost invisible particularly when touched up several times. Color match is spot on.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts