Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened last week.It broke ,Have to lower the glass to exit. What a bummer. To top it off , the handle repair kit is on BACK ORDER. I noticed the repair is to replace BOTH handles.:banghead :smash

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That's a bummer..:banghead Mine's still ok. Probably won't break until the day after my warranty expires.:glol :glol

·
Registered
349 Posts
Once again, another future worry for the rest of us?

I have been one of the fortunate ones who has had no problems so far - even the "tink" is barely noticeable. Here is my concern: Since I have an '03, when these inevitable problems begin to surface on mine, it will be out of warranty (on time) for every fix. So this means that my fellow fanatics that had their troubles early and got them fixed under warranty are really much better off than me. Since after three years of ownership, their SSR's have got the glitches out, whereas I have all mine to look forward to, (and pay for?) as well! Am I right about this, or will GM do the right thing and fix the defects after the warranty period is up? I. E., if my door handle breaks after the standard warranty period, do I have to pay to get it fixed with the new upgrade kit that fixes both doors, or will it be a freebie?:skep

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
What about buying and extended warranty?? Do it before you 36K miles passes.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
This is the first Brand New Vehicle I have ever bought. I have never had a warranty on a vehicle. Is there a time limit on recalls or TSBs? My first Tahoe was 2 years old when I bought it but when the Daytime lights had a diode/resistor problem they replaced it for no charge!

So that means I have bought plenty of used ones. That also means when things broke on those vehicles I had to pay the repairs. If you know what potential problems might come up then maybe you can be more prepared for it. I also haven't had the door handle problem.... Maybe the guys are more heavy handed and it has caused it to break earlier than the normal pulls. If you are that worried go out to your SSR and pull the handle until it needs the new fix. Oh maybe you should also make sure there isn't a 3 week back log first :)

I bought an extra cup holder off Ebay just in case I need it at some point and time.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Peaches said:
Once again, another future worry for the rest of us?

I have been one of the fortunate ones who has had no problems so far - even the "tink" is barely noticeable. Here is my concern: Since I have an '03, when these inevitable problems begin to surface on mine, it will be out of warranty (on time) for every fix. So this means that my fellow fanatics that had their troubles early and got them fixed under warranty are really much better off than me. Since after three years of ownership, their SSR's have got the glitches out, whereas I have all mine to look forward to, (and pay for?) as well! Am I right about this, or will GM do the right thing and fix the defects after the warranty period is up? I. E., if my door handle breaks after the standard warranty period, do I have to pay to get it fixed with the new upgrade kit that fixes both doors, or will it be a freebie?:skep
I am afraid you'll have to pay for repairs. Why not take out an extended warranty and solve your problem.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Extended Warranty

Purple Penelope- What about buying and extended warranty?? Do it before you 36K miles passes.
I have thought about the same things that Peaches has thought about. I also have had very little problems with mine. However, with the retractable top and with some of the issues that have occured with the SSR. I think it is a smart idea to invest in the extended warranty.

I have never purchsed the extended warranty on any of my other vehicles....mostly because I never kept them long enough to justify it. This will be around for a while and I feel it would be wise.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Add me to the door handle list. I'm a pull or two away from failure as I can barely get the door to open now.
Time to call the dealer....

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Mine Broke Too...

Mine broke yesterday....Dealer ordered repair kits for both door's says parts will be in next wed the 11th:cry :cry :cry :cry

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem Parts

BIG JIM said:
Mine broke yesterday....Dealer ordered repair kits for both door's says parts will be in next wed the 11th:cry :cry :cry :cry

IF you get your parts next Wed. I am going to raise Hell here in Yuma. :smash :smash :banghead

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
mine too

mine broke Christmas eve - dealer had to order the door panel in - finally got it fixed today - what a bad look - $46,000 car and you had to put the window down to get out of it - oh well it's fixed now and she's rolling once more

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Nancy24 said:
mine broke Christmas eve - dealer had to order the door panel in - finally got it fixed today - what a bad look - $46,000 car and you had to put the window down to get out of it - oh well it's fixed now and she's rolling once more

Nancy check out the southwest SSR MEET @ Frisco's Cruisers Resturant! Jan 28Th

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Furykay said:
Well it finally happened last week.It broke ,Have to lower the glass to exit. What a bummer. To top it off , the handle repair kit is on BACK ORDER. I noticed the repair is to replace BOTH handles.:banghead :smash
Is this an 05 Model? If it is Im going to make my dealer just replace mine before they break.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Ricochet said:
Is this an 05 Model? If it is Im going to make my dealer just replace mine before they break.
My understanding is all of them have the same issue and the replacement part is the same as what broke. So you might as well wait till it breaks or gets close. Maybe they'll have a redesign by then.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Kay -

You might try contacting Mike Hanna (Service Manager) @ Freeway Chevrolet in Tempe. They have been really nice to me and I think they will do all possible to help.....

Mike can be found at 480-735-0302.

See you Friday Nite,

Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
When they replaced mine. the passanger side handle was at an angle, where it stuck out about 1 inch from going flush with the bezel. I complained and they replaced with another new one that is only 1/4 inch off. Also you will notice the scratches on the latch/handle a lot more it is in an arch. O well I am used to it not being perfect:glol
PS Driver side was right on, but boy that scratch!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike in AZ said:
Kay -

You might try contacting Mike Hanna (Service Manager) @ Freeway Chevrolet in Tempe. They have been really nice to me and I think they will do all possible to help.....

Mike can be found at 480-735-0302.

See you Friday Nite,

Mike

Thanks Mike for the Info. Dealer called today ,said left side is in ,will take it in Friday morning. see you tomorrow ,Kay :party

·
Registered
349 Posts
Extended Warranty

Purple Penelope said:
What about buying and extended warranty?? Do it before you 36K miles passes.

P/P

Peace:flag
The extended warranty idea is probably the way to go. But are most of these problems covered by the ridiculously expensive extended warranty? Also, I've never even had my '03 back to the dealer EVER. I do my own oil changes, and have had no other reason to take it back. Now that I live across the country from where I bought it, I wonder if I'll get hassle from a local dealer that won't be able to look up a nonexistent service record? Is there any way to know for sure if the extended warranty really will cover me in this scenario? Maybe I should just take my chances and buy it anyway, since I don't intend to get rid of mine any time soon. . . .:confused

1 - 20 of 137 Posts