Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
drick.....need some help

can use some help what do you do when you get a flat , no spare, do you need to get a spare when you travel ? what do you do if top will not come up ?

thanks Dirty Rick :flag

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
There is a tire inflation kit behind the driver seat. you have a can of tire sealant and an air compressor. This should take care of most flats. If its worse than that call Chevy roadside assistance. Many of us also carry a tire plug kit to patch the leak.

The owners manual describes raising and lowering the top manually.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I can see from my own little mishaps that I might be inclined to buy a couple spares one for front and back. I say that as I sit here waiting for a tire to show up so I can get my scooter back on the road :(

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
There is no way you can fit a 19 inch tire and a 20 inch tire in the back. It is either or, so which one would you choose and why? It is no big deal....you just call the number on road assistance and wait, and someone comes to your rescue.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
cruzned said:
There is no way you can fit a 19 inch tire and a 20 inch tire in the back. It is either or, so which one would you choose and why? It is no big deal....you just call the number on road assistance and wait, and someone comes to your rescue.

Maybe they both don't fit when filled with air. If you really want two spares, could you deflate them enough that they fit and you will just need to fill them up and put them on? :rolleyes: :confused

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Maybe they both don't fit when filled with air. If you really want two spares, could you deflate them enough that they fit and you will just need to fill them up and put them on? :rolleyes: :confused
But then you still need some room for a jack and tire iron, and don't forget the most important tool, the center cap removal tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts