Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased drilled and slotted aftermarket rotors from Rotorpros. Looking for feedback on their performance.

The product is on EBay, price looks good, the product looks well done, even available with painted hubs. Feedback is all positive, also a good sign.

They have an EBay store at Rotorpros. Sorry - tried to do a link, but my techno-wienie skills have failed me again. The item number is 7940670832. Looks like they do a lot of Corvette rotors.

Ray

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why???

Flassh,

I jus don't understand the need 4 these rotors. :nodno :confused I don't know bout u but in my experience the 1's on the SSR r oversized w/ oversized calipers n stop me on a dime w/ change 2 spare. I've NEVER experienced ANY brake fade even in wet weather. :nodno :thumbs

Now if its jus a look ur after OK, but otherwise I think its a waste of $$$'s. This isn't knockin their stuff. :nodno Jus I don't think its worth the $$$'s. Also, if u look at their pics, I don't c how u wud even c the color of the hubs behind our rims anyway. :confused :nodno

:cool

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey, 17

You're right about our rims - they're not realy pretty, and the way too big center section would hide the brake hubs - however, I fully intend to park the factory wheels, and replace them with some custom built Colorado Customs wheels.

As far as the slotted/drilled rotors, it is 90% about the looks - the high performance toys usually have them - check out the new Vettes, and the German iron. I think their product is probably pretty good - just looking for confirmation from someone who has used it. They do stop significantly better, but that's a bonus.

Ray

First shot is of My S truck - no drilled rotors at the time this picture was taken - but notice the wheel is very open.

Second shot is the wheel I want to get from Colorado. They will build the front wheels with a shallow lip, and the rears, which are 2 inches wider, will have a very wide lip, accenting the difference in wheel diameter - too bad the designers at GM lost that effect by tapering the spokes on the rear wheels to hide the difference in size, rather than leaving the spokes fairly flat, and having the rear wheels look the extra 2 inches they are. Every self respecting rod has wider rear wheels, and you can see the difference a mile away.

Sorry - couldn't upload the S truck shot - apparently it's high res, and over 1 meg.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drilled Rotors

Here is photo of the new Z06 wheel

Love the look - very open design - why did they need such a large hub area on the SSR?

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Flassh said:
Here is photo of the new Z06 wheel

Love the look - very open design - why did they need such a large hub area on the SSR?

Ray
I think you have to see the wheels on the concept car. The hubs are different, more dish. The photos I've seen don't show an inset hubcap. I'd like to know how they mount. Dose the whole dish remove, do they mount from the back side???

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Tips

Flassh said:
Sorry - tried to do a link, but my techno-wienie skills have failed me again. The item number is 7940670832. Looks like they do a lot of Corvette rotors.
Ray
Flassh said:
Sorry - couldn't upload the S truck shot - apparently it's high res, and over 1 meg.
Flash two things:

1.) You can click onto and copy any web page address and then just paste it into your replys... it will give the viewers a direct link to that site. :)

2.) You have to "resize" or shrink your images to be able to attach them here if they are too large. They have to be sized 200 KB or less to use the attachment feature.

:seeya

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They will custom build offsets, and bolt pattern, and were about the only manufacturer attending SEMA willing to cut a 6 bolt pattern into a 5 spoke wheel. Budnik, Coddington, Bonspeed and others were not at SEMA.

There was some chrome available to fit, but I want to stay with polished aluminum.

Price was roughly $900 each for 19s and 20s, and about $1200 each to go to 22s.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most of the SSRs at SEMA were running 20s front and 22s rear - could not see any mods when I looked under them. Most had been lowered slightly with the Ground Force springs, and a couple were on a full 4 corner Air Ride system.

Limitation of going 20s and 22s was the availability of 245 or 255 tires for the front, in a design that would match the 295s or 305s for the rear - the rears were readily available.

I originally though I would go to 20s and 22s, but I now think I will stay with 19s and 20s, and buy another set of the OEM tires. Availability of the 19/20 combination from other manufacturers was virtually zero.

My biggest hurdle right now, is that they will cost me double - my wife has picked up this concept that if I can afford to buy the wheels and tires, new living room furniture should not be a problem.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Tires for 20s and 22s. The other concern is that the only tires available are all Z rated - very high speed rating, but a much softer compound, and therefore, greatly accelerated wear.

I have not been able to locate any 30 or 35 aspect ratio tires in an H or even a V rating. The 20s in front would require a 30 or 35 profile to still work within the wheel wells.

Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts