Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my spouse and I have been discussing how cool it would be to take the SSR to a drive in like the old days, but alas, those are very hard to come by today, almost impossible.
In addition, the Texas heat discourages one from seeking a drive in out until fall or spring.
Has anyone successfully replaced their stock stereo with a DVD/stereo/navigation system?

This would be a great alternative to the drive-ins of yore and we could pick a nice "parking" spot overlooking the lake and ignore the movie as we did many years ago...................Those were some days.... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yes I have a Kenwood excelon Dvd/stereo and BobA also has the same unit. Check out his pictures on Southwest forum under June 4 Decatur. BobA's unit is loaded. Also there is a new drive-in theater in Ennis, TX , just south of Dallas. see www.galaxydriveintheatre.com. They show double features. If someone organizes, we will come .

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ssr3 said:
Yes I have a Kenwood excelon Dvd/stereo and BobA also has the same unit. Check out his pictures on Southwest forum under June 4 Decatur. BobA's unit is loaded. Also there is a new drive-in theater in Ennis, TX , just south of Dallas. see www.galaxydriveintheatre.com. They show double features. If someone organizes, we will come .
Thanks, I'm in Cleburne quite often, maybe I'll check out the galaxy sometime.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Drive-in Theaters

Try this link to find a drive-in theater: http://www.driveintheater.com/drivlist.htm

:lurk

There aren't many left due to property values going up so much over the years. We're lucky enough to still have one left in the middle of town after five of them closing.

I've got access to the drive-in theater, now I just need access to an SSR! I'm looking forward to purchasing and 06. Once I get all my business debt paid off (business is only four years old), I'll be hunting for one! I manufacture art quality simulated rock waterfalls: www.poolrock.com Perhaps I'll offer SSR custom body parts in the future... I work with tooling grade fiberglass everyday! I'm so jealous of you all!

Jeff

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TucsonSSR said:
Try this link to find a drive-in theater: http://www.driveintheater.com/drivlist.htm

:lurk

There aren't many left due to property values going up so much over the years. We're lucky enough to still have one left in the middle of town after five of them closing.

I've got access to the drive-in theater, now I just need access to an SSR! I'm looking forward to purchasing and 06. Once I get all my business debt paid off (business is only four years old), I'll be hunting for one! I manufacture art quality simulated rock waterfalls: www.poolrock.com Perhaps I'll offer SSR custom body parts in the future... I work with tooling grade fiberglass everyday! I'm so jealous of you all!

Jeff
Nice work. Probably lighter than mine on my pool.
6 ton waterfall with 3 separate tricklers and the decking and pool/spa seats consist of 20 tons of Arizona flagstone (2 colors).
Good Luck getting your SSR. Remeber its GVW is listed at 6050 lbs........just something to think about from one business owner to another.

B

·
0 Posts
The beat goes on

ssr3 said:

Yes, mine is going back to Boomers for the backup camera, T V tuner, antenna, and navigation. also going to dynamat the whole floor board. Besides being a good soundboard, it also is a very good insulater. My feet get hot in town drivin. I know its got to be engine heat. but first wednesday I am taking SSr to ED Wright to do a custom tune on the 05. said he could get at least 30 rwhp out of it. when I told him already had headers, hiflow cats, green filter, and 3" exhaust, he said 40rwhp was not out of the ? . If we get 40 rwhp for $450 that is fairly cheap hp, 11.25 per hp. He does all of Pro charger tuning for their kits. Nice to have someone like these people in your back yard. Boomers is doing a sound system almost just like mine in a black SSr that will be shiping to Spain. They are also doing one from Texas. a Yellow one, anyone herebelong to that one. have to go by Boomers and get a few pictures of the dorrs while the panel is off. you can see the 9" mids in sealed boxes in the doors. you will see there is plenty of room for them. :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya

We also have a drive-in here, the Admiral Twin. It has Just been totaly redone inside and out. it won some national grant money from somewhere.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Wow BobA, looks and sounds like you are getting your ride in better shape, if that is possible. :thumbs

Drive ins' are fun, they still have one in my (Ky) hometown. you listen to it over your AM Radio. Just think a car show at the Drive in. That has posibilities. :party

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BobA said:
Yes, mine is going back to Boomers for the backup camera, T V tuner, antenna, and navigation. also going to dynamat the whole floor board. Besides being a good soundboard, it also is a very good insulater. My feet get hot in town drivin. I know its got to be engine heat. but first wednesday I am taking SSr to ED Wright to do a custom tune on the 05. said he could get at least 30 rwhp out of it. when I told him already had headers, hiflow cats, green filter, and 3" exhaust, he said 40rwhp was not out of the ? . If we get 40 rwhp for $450 that is fairly cheap hp, 11.25 per hp. He does all of Pro charger tuning for their kits. Nice to have someone like these people in your back yard. Boomers is doing a sound system almost just like mine in a black SSr that will be shiping to Spain. They are also doing one from Texas. a Yellow one, anyone herebelong to that one. have to go by Boomers and get a few pictures of the dorrs while the panel is off. you can see the 9" mids in sealed boxes in the doors. you will see there is plenty of room for them. :thumbs :ssr :flag :ssr :seeya

We also have a drive-in here, the Admiral Twin. It has Just been totaly redone inside and out. it won some national grant money from somewhere.
Coooolllll,
Would you PM me with some info on that shop. I would be willing to drive there for the work. What is the turnaround? Obviously you trust their work, right? Do they take care of your vehicle as if it were their own? Does all you OEM stuff still work properly, ie., steering wheel controls, chimes, remote, alarm????????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts