Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a Driver Info Center failure ? It Quit ! Nada ! Zero ! Zip!
Less than 250 miles on the 06 & it starting Again a CPU problem....... Must be my Shocking personaility(?????) . I hope this is just a fluke ,so back to the dealers i go
Semper Fi
Joe
Vin 22600

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
There is a TSB on "vanishing DIC syndrome" I had to have mine serviced for just this problem. I thought however it was just a 2005 problem it appears not to be. It required an update re flash of the CPU. Many times all you do is trade one problem for another ..you know.

·
Registered
590 Posts
houtex said:
I've never been able to get my DIC to illuminate.....:jester
The big boys tell me you can add "glow in the dark......................:reddevil

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Nothing worst than a failed DIC :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
483 Posts
I saw them glow in the dark things last night in a machine on the wall for .75 cents..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
uncljoe said:
Has anyone experienced a Driver Info Center failure ? It Quit ! Nada ! Zero ! Zip!
Less than 250 miles on the 06 & it starting Again a CPU problem....... Must be my Shocking personaility(?????) . I hope this is just a fluke ,so back to the dealers i go
Semper Fi
Joe
Vin 22600
Say hi to my truck while you are in there :glol

(getting new fan...in case you didn't read other thread)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ricochet said:
The 2005 M/Y TSB number is 050849007 Problem name is DIC will not illuminate.
It’s a good thing they have a TSB for his DIC or else he would be SOL!

·
Registered
374 Posts
uncljoe said:
Semper Fi
Joe
Vin 22600
Well, if I can wade in among the DIC jokes....

Yeah, there's a TSB on intermittent DIC failure for '05's, and I too am surprised that it could be happening to '06's. It's a software glitch as mentioned.

My '05 is an early build and has the problem. I was all set to take it into the dealer for the TSB fix (and will eventually), but I discovered a work around.

The DIC display failure occurs when you cycle through and shut off the display from the buttons on the steering wheel. With the DIC dark, when you shut down, the computer will, when you restart, shut down the display. This is part of the system that shows you whatever you were looking at last at shut down (range, odometer, etc), but the glitch is that once you start up , the DIC is shut down and won't come back on even by pushing the steering wheel buttons. Warning tones still work.

You have to reset the display prior to engine startup. Insert your key and turn it to the "on" position - you should see the CHEVROLET SSR displayed in the DIC. Don't start the engine. Push the buttons on the steering wheel now to change the display to something else... anything... NOW start the engine. It should start up with whatever display you had set the DIC to.

The key to preventing this from happening is to have something displayed on the DIC at shut down. Odometer, range, something. It will then start up with the display. You can shut off the display while driving around, just remember to turn it back on before shut off.

I know this is a PIA, but it works and at least get you to a point where you can get the TSB fix done

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Is that because you are a self supporter??????:glol :glol :glol

Or is that a Supporting Member....... YA - Hahahahaha
Mikey:jester

Stop looking in my window!

:glol :glol :glol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
269 Posts
Donnysan said:
Well, if I can wade in among the DIC jokes....

Yeah, there's a TSB on intermittent DIC failure
I guess at 37 this is a problem I have not encountered yet?????:glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
31,430 Posts
Dredging up from the past

Well, I took the :ssr on a grocery run tonight, and on the trip back, I noticed that the DIC wasn't on at all. Nada, zip, zilch, zero, just like unclejoe posted a year ago.

Got home and shut it off, pulled the key, then put it back and turned to the on position. I got nothing (tried twice just to be sure). I tried pulling out the key and pressing on the trip odometer reset button (should cause the display to illuminate with the odometer display) - again, nothing. Looks like I'm in for a trip to the dealer. :(

I'll be sure to get the info on the TSB listed (good thing I work at US DOT where I can go over to NHTSA and get copies of the TSBs in person! :) )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts