Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DFW TX Crew
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already did a search but didn't really find out what I needed....

It will still index but it just won't go up or down.

I was at McD's drive through getting my morning coffee and noticed the window make a weird grinding like noise when I put it down, then when I put it back up it resisted and went up half way, then up only an inch at a time when I'd mess with it till it is now about 1/2 inch from the very top but it won't get up any more and won't go down either but it will still index for some reason?

This is my daily driver and it's the rainy season so I need it fixed pronto so any and all advise is very welcome.

Thank you,
Josh

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
I would say it needs a regulator. It is was readily available I would even buy one before removing door panel.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Both my 04 and 05 windows act up after a heavy rain. I am thinking the door switch is getting wet and causes it to try and index open then close shortly after wards. I read some thread that suggested spraying the top of the door switch to keep the rain out of the switch

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Both my 04 and 05 windows act up after a heavy rain. I am thinking the door switch is getting wet and causes it to try and index open then close shortly after wards. I read some thread that suggested spraying the top of the door switch to keep the rain out of the switch
I think the 'keep it dry' solution was to coat the top portion of the regulator with silicon grease to sort of waterproof the mechanism and shed any water down the window channel. May be a good preventative measure, but suspect this is too late for Joshvette's issue.

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
DFW TX Crew
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did notice some dripping from the top down to the door area where the lock sticks up the day or two before.

So what happens if that switch in the door panel gets wet? is it fried or ruined?

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
I believe the switches that he mentioned are part of door latch module. This serves a few functions other than opening and closing doors. It contains the inside and outside door handle switches. These are used as inputs for indexing. The door latch switch. This serves as inputs for door ajar. The door lock actuator. This is the little electric motor that locks and unlocks the doors.
I believe Dragon2u and Dicktator can rebuild these. But I don't believe it's causing your problem.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
Window regulators are a problem and not readily available - because we have 6 PIN Motor!

Oh, they will say "Fits SSR", does but won't work!

Best bet "remove" contact Mike Moro aka https://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=11

He has a local shop that repairs Window Regulators and guarantees them because they use "metal" parts not plastic.

To remove regulator, go to SSR How to Library under WINDOW REQULATOR for detailed instruction

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,919 Posts

·
DFW TX Crew
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts