Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have a problem with my drivers door latch, but I thought I would run symptoms by some on the forum before I go to the trouble of replacing;

Door does not seem to open as easily as it once did, radio does not shut off every time when door is opened, and window does not seem to index every time door is opened. I believe this is all related to the door latch assembly.

I am I right about that assumption?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I believe I have a problem with my drivers door latch, but I thought I would run symptoms by some on the forum before I go to the trouble of replacing;

Door does not seem to open as easily as it once did, radio does not shut off every time when door is opened, and window does not seem to index every time door is opened. I believe this is all related to the door latch assembly.

use search for DOOR LATCH and u will find info galore!!!!!!!!

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,509 Posts

You are right about your assumption!

I have rebuilt ones in stock, exchange plus I ask $50.00 + postage.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right about your assumption!

I have rebuilt ones in stock, exchange plus I ask $50.00 + postage.

Dicktator

Thanks guys,
For some reason it sticks in my mind that I already have one. i will check when I get home. If not, I will send you a PM Dick. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
latch

Just asking a dumb question since we are discussing assumptions. Did you try re-indexing the windows. When my battery died last week, and after replacing it, I rolled the windows down, closed the doors and went through two cycles of up and down with the doors closed. Just might be worth a try. c

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not tried indexing the windows yet since I was experiencing other issues with the door latch. That may solve my window issue for awhile, but I do not think it would last is I have door latch issues.

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well, I resolved my door latch issues. It appeared to be more related to the mechanical part of the latch. Removed it, took everything apart, gave it a good cleaning, and lubed everything. I also replaced the motor and cleaned all electrical contacts. Installed it and everything is working great!

My thanks to Dictator for the instructions from the library and for past pictures of the disassembled latch assembly on the forum. Knew just what to look for and what to do.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,212 Posts
Well, I resolved my door latch issues. It appeared to be more related to the mechanical part of the latch. Removed it, took everything apart, gave it a good cleaning, and lubed everything. I also replaced the motor and cleaned all electrical contacts. Installed it and everything is working great!

My thanks to Dictator for the instructions from the library and for past pictures of the disassembled latch assembly on the forum. Knew just what to look for and what to do.
Way to go Dr., Patient is stable.

Nick

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the same problem plus it's draining the battery by not shutting the radio off.
The shop had very sophisticated meters on it for days testing again and again. Well, between the 12th to seventh teen time, the radio would not shut off. Plus, the Windows raised and lowered at different speeds. Dicktator and Mike in AZ are the answer.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I forgot to mention this.
Here is the Part Numbers that I am using to fix the Door Latch problem.

For the Door Latch itself:
GM 15115931 – Driver Side (left) Door Actuator
( Discontinued Part)
ACDelco Pt2902: GM Original Equipment Black Multi-Purpose Pigtail
Note: Dictator has a great One Drive on this.

For the Windows at different speeds:
ACDelco 15214291: GM Original Equipment Front Driver Side Power Window Regulator and Motor Assembly
While I’m at it, in case the Door Handle breaks in the future.
Simple-Engineering: Inside Door Handle Repair Kit

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
There are no Videos that I know of the there is information here on Dicktator's One Drive.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Are there any instuctional videos on how to replace the door latch actuator?
The Library has information on door lath removal. You will probably need to send it for repairs. There are a couple of members who can repair them. Dragon2U repaired mine for me. The problem is water getting into the assembly. When they are repaired they seal them to keep it from happening again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probably not a water problem since it's a California car.
Problem is console door open button will not fully unlatch driver's door.
I have to lower window and reach outside to open.
I've seen a few complete door switch actuators on line at reasonable prices
but would like some instruction to know the possibility of ME installing it.
Thanks guys for your responses.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
If you can open door from outside, the door latch is unlocking fully. You either need to adjust the rod from the inner door handle at the actuator or more than likely you need to repair the plastic inner door handle bracket. If that bracket is broken, you can get repair kit from Dicktator or Mike in AZ.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,509 Posts
Door Latch Lock Module has three connectors and one electric motor.

Car Wash, Rain can cause moisture damage.

And Door Module is part of our Multiplex wiring, class two.

Don't make them anymore but can be repaired/refurbished.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info--- I've since discovered that sometimes, occasionally, with the window down and a push of the lock switch, the door will open from the inside. Go figure!

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,509 Posts
Thanks for the info--- I've since discovered that sometimes, occasionally, with the window down and a push of the lock switch, the door will open from the inside. Go figure!
Need Door Latch/Lock Module rebuilt.

You will discover it won't open at all, window won't go up/down, doors won't lock.

But you can wait, up to you.

Dicktator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts