Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a question about my outside drivers door mirror. Noticed today when I drove my SSR the mirror was tinted yellow and looked like the view you get through yellow shooting glasses. Actually made everything sharper and crisper looking. My question is this a problem and is it going to get darker? If not I think it is pretty cool. Give me some input on this if you are familiar with what I am talking about. Thanks.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,471 Posts
Had a question about my outside drivers door mirror. Noticed today when I drove my SSR the mirror was tinted yellow and looked like the view you get through yellow shooting glasses. Actually made everything sharper and crisper looking. My question is this a problem and is it going to get darker? If not I think it is pretty cool. Give me some input on this if you are familiar with what I am talking about. Thanks.
Sounds like it might be the dimming fluid leak problem that some have experienced. If you like the dimming feature you will probably want to get a replacement but if you do not care abouot the then now is the time for the Muth Mirrors from Simple-engineering. I think!

Reactions: Autoprof

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
:agree The fluid will most likely get darker until it's unusable.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
:|
I had a somewhat similar problem with the drivers mirror on my Avalanche. But it was due to repeated washes at the (touchless) car wash place. It seems that has those high pressure squirters travel around the truck, in my case.....it managed to get by the rubber seal around the mirror and then the mirror took on a yellowish color and there was liquid behind the glass.

Being as it was one of those mirrors with a turn signal in it plus heated, the genuine GM replacement was pricey.:surprise:

Now when I go to the car wash place, I put a big zip lock bag over the drivers mirror before entering the wash. Somehow it has not been a problem on the passenger side.:smile2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the color and tint just don't want it to get much darker or end up ruined. Might try what you did. Thanks.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
:agree w/BlueStreak says. as it 'goes', you'll notice a horizontal line starting from the top and progressing down. I'd say just leave it Go until you can't stand it anymore, then it's time for a new mirror of your choice. there may be Fanatics out there who have changed to Muth mirrors and still have the OEM ones they may be willing to part with. All is not lost here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts