Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Driver's seat quit working and I searched the site and the Module is most likely to be the problem, Has anyone done the repair and has pics?

Thank you in advance, Joe

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies, Dick thank you!
I have not gotten to bed cover yet as it opens sometimes, but I'll check them both when I get a chance!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the file dicktator, but I have to get to the module itself since none of the seat controls work!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,762 Posts
I took one out of a seat that was already out of the truck. They are held in with a plastic clip that you have to push in to get it to release and it is very easy to break that clip. The clip is on the bottom side and hard to see so be very patient with it. The one I worked on was already broke when I tried to get it out because it was sliding around in its position.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
Before you jump into replacing the module a few things to check.
If you have an enhanced scan tool you can access inputs from the Driver Seat Module - this will let you know if switches are working.

If you do not have an enhanced scan tool be sure to check the "seats" circuit breaker #8 in rear fuse box for 04, and "DR SEAT MOD" fuse #6 in rear fuse fox for 04.
Picture 1 is the wiring diagram
Next I would check to for system voltage at the switch - All switches send a 12 signal to the module from the same source. The orange wire at the back of switch.
So test the back of the switch for 12 volts, then test some of the switch signals for 12 volts (NOTE you have to back probe the connector - the switch must be plugged in)
For example pin 1 DK green wire should have 12v front adjuster held in up position
pin 2 DK Blue wire should have 12v front adjuster held in down position

If you then still think the module is at fault the service manual shows a screw (#1 in picture 2) -- remove screw, then lower it to remove from bracket.
SSR power seat diagram.png
SSR seat module.png
SSR Seat bottom.png

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys, I took the seat control wire connection off and the module is the problem for sure.
Can it be fixed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts