Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a relative that works at the GM factory in tech service. Asked him about the driveshaft problem. He's pretty straight about his answers.This one is unofficial but right from the horse's mouth

"No sure fix yet. We are working on getting quiet propshafts made and into
service. If we put a new prop on this vehicle the noise will probably
return within a few thousand miles. Please talk your friend into waiting
for good parts."
Might help us that have problems. Mine is starting to make noise again. Guess I'll live with it till they get the right parts. No sense in replacing them with the same shaft again and again

Motordoctor

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Waiting

After all I have read about this quirk, I'll wait untill there is a better fix.
On the other side of this, I also realize that this vehicle is not a regular car. It will have some noise associated with regular operation. IE: Road Noise, Exhaust Roar, Drive Shaft, ETC. I am perfectly satisfied with my SSR, with all the nuances it may carry. If I wanted a quiet vehicle, this is not what would have been driven home.
My .02

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've been reading all these posts about the "tink" and/or the noisy prop shafts for months. Would someone explain to me why a prop shaft sounds okay after it is changed out, but then after a while the noise appears again? What changes after some time passes? Does something "wear in" in a strange way, or what?

For the record, my #369 '03 has the slightest "tink" (almost inaudible) that hasn't gotten any worse over time (~8,000 miles). What would be different about mine? :skep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts