Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only me....ladies and gentlemen....Only me! Working in the front yard this afternoon, minding my own, heard a thunk. Looked around didn't see anything. Walked around the back of the Firetruck and see a drone sitting in the driveway. Immediately start looking around for an owner...then oh crap better check the R for damage. DIRECT HIT! Random drone falls out of the sky, could crash anywhere...it chooses the rear deck right behind back window. Five dents! So if anyone's keeping track, that is the third time I've been hit this year and not once was I in the driver's seat. As of yet, no one searching for missing projectile. Now in the end, it is my fault. Just yesterday I asked the Mrs to look for a drone on Amazon prime day. I just wasn't very specific as to how I was to receive it....Now if only the remote control would fall out of the sky too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Wow talk about unlucky...if it were an FAA registered drone you could trace it's owner but doubt it with the size of it. So sorry to here something like this. You could always take an add in the paper saying if you lost your drone call me and describe it and I'll get it back to you. Take plenty of pictures now for proof though and a police report.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
does it have a camera on it? If it does, try downloading it, might see the owner.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
That is the first I heard of a drone strike on a SSR maybe it has serial numbers and can be traced back to the owner

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
That is the first I heard of a drone strike on a SSR maybe it has serial numbers and can be traced back to the owner
Gotta believe the range of (remote control) of one that small is not all that far. Could likely be the culprit (owner) isn't more than a few blocks away at most.

Maybe leave a sign in front yard about finding it and/or ask around the neighborhood about recent drone usage. Hope you zero in on the responsible party.:frown2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
That is why we have Garages!!>:) but the above ideas are good ones, all. I would use a poster on trees or sign posts with a phone number rather than a sign in the yard. and let them contact you by phone first, but the police officers taking the report might have a different idea.
Sorry to see that there seems to be a target on the :ssr in your area.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No camera, cheaper kids model, no FAA involvement, have a sign on the telephone poker up the street, fingers crossed.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did police report as well, unfortunately accidental, not criminal, so not much they can do. Just hoping for an owner that owns up.

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
Yes the Contixo F17 is a cheap one, especially if there was no camera attached. If it had a WIFI camera they might know what happened and wrote it off. It has a battery flight time of about 18 minutes so probably not too far away.
I think putting out the word you found it without mentioning the damage is a good one.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Maybe post a few signs on some poles around your neighborhood. I bet that whoever owns It Is living not far from you. Saying that It fell In your yard and to give you a call and describe the drone and that they can come and pick It up. Worth a try. Good luck and keep us posted as what the outcome Is.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,523 Posts
That just plain sucks, I have often thought at car shows I have been to with a drone taking pictures sooner or later one is coming down !!!!!! :surprise:

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,632 Posts
Po Little FireTruck!

! :surprise: ! :banghead ! :surprise: ! :banghead ! :surprise: !​

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
That sucks! Poor Fire Truck has a target painted on it. I hope you snag the owner.
Our neighbor snagged one that was hovering in the window of their exercise room while his wife was in there. That was the second time they saw it, she stayed where she was and yelled to him it was out there. It had a camera with a flash drive. Video clearly showed the property where it took off. Sheriff arrested the owner because they had several previous complaints. It was a expensive Parrott drone that was supposed to be FAA registered so, that teen and his folks are in deep doodoo.
These things are a nuisance!

·
BLU SSR
3,527 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!! :crying: No offence intended but I won't be parking next to you at the next Rally! >:) Seriously , that doesn't look like it came from very far away , without a camera to fly by -- could be real close. Also , that was a pretty dead center hit , maybe too dead center to be an accident? :yesnod SO SORRY FOR YOUR BAD LUCK :blur: :ssr

·
Premium Member
72,278 Posts
hey Firetruck..….most drone owners have Ins. on their drone.....just hold on to it … somebody will be looking for it......take the battery out of the drone or it might fly away.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts