Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone who is coming to the Daytona rally have a drone capable of taking aerial photos.
Please message me

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Might have some issues with the close proximity to the airport.
Phil has a very nice one but has not been able to commit yet. Work etc.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know all the issues with airport and Speedway. Just trying to work something out and need a few options.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking for someone with a drone that is going to be in Daytona for the rally. I’ve set up some great stuff and need someone to take some pics. About 30 minutes of your time.
Message me

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have DJI Inspire and it will not allow me to take off with 5 mile radius of a airport... Glad I am 5 1/2 ..
Thats interesting. I think I have permission for what I am doing from the Speedway and talking with the FAA person at the tower he said should be no problem as long as I had permission from property owner.

So yours is programmed in to not let you fly? That feature can't be on every model, or is it?

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
I am bringing at least one drone, I'm really not sure about running it any where near MY SSR much less the liability of if it hits someone else's. You trying to get an Aerial Group shot, not the Racetrack? Planning on doing a group Shot at Maggie Valley, but that is a BIG parking lot to play in Much easier to stay away from the vehicles.
Cary
LKMURKY

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am bringing at least one drone, I'm really not sure about running it any where near MY SSR much less the liability of if it his someone elses. You trying to get an Aerial Group shot, not the Racetrack? Planning on doing a group Shot at Maggie Valley, but that is a BIG parking lot to play in Much easier to stay away from the vehicles.
Cary
LKMURKY
The hotel, track, OneDaytona are all within the five mile radius of the airport. Without special permission you are not supposed to fly in those zones. I almost have all the stuff worked out for an aerial group shot so permission would be there for that one event. Other than that you can probably get some drone footage on the loop cruise or the lighthouse tour.

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
The hotel, track, OneDaytona are all within the five mile radius of the airport. Without special permission you are not supposed to fly in those zones. I almost have all the stuff worked out for an aerial group shot so permission would be there for that one event. Other than that you can probably get some drone footage on the loop cruise or the lighthouse tour.

I bought a new small drone to travel with, to get footage of my ride back with the new truck, Turns out you can't carry lithium batteries on the plane. Was gonna film at Rock City, you can't have Drones in the area. No Fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts