Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can''t get bolt out to drop panhard bar to install new differential cover. Bolt interferes with the exhaust pipe, so I can not draw it out completely to remove bar. Help! The other end is captured by the placement structure. Ding the exhaust pipe? What? Tell me its simple please? Racesport

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
racesport, Mike will or someone else will help, but meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas!!!! -----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
Is this factory exhaust pipes ? Maybe you could drop them down to clear bolt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advice. I emailed Mike, waiting for reply. Did not know this would entail this much. My SSR is on the garage floor not a rack, and I would really like to get it running again without putting the stock cover back on. Filled out profile sheet. Thanks: Racesport

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Can''t get bolt out to drop panhard bar to install new differential cover. Bolt interferes with the exhaust pipe, so I can not draw it out completely to remove bar. Help! The other end is captured by the placement structure. Ding the exhaust pipe? What? Tell me its simple please? Racesport
I just take out the driver side bolt and lift the bar up and tie it - plenty of room to change the cover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have both connecting bolts loose. The captured end bolt, completely out, but the metal enclosed structure will not allow it to lift out. The proper end for removal is blocked by the exhaust pipe. The bolt is longer than it needs to be, but cutting the excess off will still not allow removal because of the total length & clearance. I will look at dropping the exhaust in some manner or any related bracketry if possible. Don't have a lot of room lying under the truck on the floor. If all fails, I will cut a hole in the exhaust pipe, remove the bolt, & reweld the flap. Thanks: Racesport

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I have both connecting bolts loose. The captured end bolt, completely out, but the metal enclosed structure will not allow it to lift out. The proper end for removal is blocked by the exhaust pipe. The bolt is longer than it needs to be, but cutting the excess off will still not allow removal because of the total length & clearance. I will look at dropping the exhaust in some manner or any related bracketry if possible. Don't have a lot of room lying under the truck on the floor. If all fails, I will cut a hole in the exhaust pipe, remove the bolt, & reweld the flap. Thanks: Racesport
Let's start at the beginning. You do have the R jacked up, with jack stands under the frame, and the weight off of the tires, correct? If not r/r of the panhard bar will be extremely difficult if not impossible. With no weight on the axle, it's easy to pry out the bar on the driver's side. If you want to deal with the pass. side, there are just two small nuts to release the tailpipe hanger and that will allow removal of that bolt. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts