Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you change the springs in the rear what happens if you try to hook up a trailer? does that drop it more, does it make unsafe to pull a trailer ? does it affect the front end feel throught the steering wheel ? need opinions please as i have a smaal trailer and bike to pull. thanks burt

·
Registered
135 Posts
burt said:
if you change the springs in the rear what happens if you try to hook up a trailer? does that drop it more, does it make unsafe to pull a trailer ? does it affect the front end feel throught the steering wheel ? need opinions please as i have a smaal trailer and bike to pull. thanks burt
Hi Burt,
I would not lower the truck if I was going to pull a trailer. I have towed large trailers with my 1500 Chevy truck and had to raise the rear. It can alter the stearing to the point that it could affect the handling of the truck. I think our SSR's are rated for 200lb on the ball. That is with the stock springs. It would be an issue with the weight of the trailer on the ball with lowering springs. I have seen a couple of SSR's pulling trailers, they could be of more help to you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine Works Great

I dropped both front and rear using ground force springs.
I trailer 2 bikes and have had no problem.
Bike 1 Buell S3T 550 lbs.
Suzuki GSRX 1000 500 lbs.
Plus the trailer , still moderate tounge load 100 +- lbs
I have also hauled 2500 lbs of flagstone 50 miles with my SSR.
I knew the trailer was on, but still not even a hiccup
Scott Doran #201

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
droping truck in rear and pulling trailer

thanks guys does anybody know of anyone just selling the rear springs? burt

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Whitewolf said:
I bought them that way............I called Eibach......Talked to Pete...... :seeya THEY CAN SEND YOU TO SOMEONE........Depends on where you are........

Found this in another thread,looks like you should give Eibach a call:seeya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts