Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have enjoyed reading this site and now am both a proud member and an owner of my new Black '03.

Looked and looked and found a dealer in Maryland who believes in nothing over MSRP and although I live on Long Island, NY it was worth the $77 flight. This car has every option available and I was so happy to drive it I got completely lost. I was too busy enjoying the car!

So.......tell me what I need to know.

rick

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Al,

Picture every other fully loaded Black Baby!

Pics next week when my digital will be with me.

Good to know you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
another vote for the black 003. You'll find that if you have all the options, the saddlebags are worthless. when you decide to take them out to make room, let me know and i'll talk you through it if you'd like. other than that, it's all about fun and people asking you where you got the cool car. ENJOY

t

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
t,

I already wonder why the bags are in there and actually they look pretty cheap. I think I read on this forum somewhere that there are a couple of nuts inside the bags on each side.

Details would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
it gets sorta dicey if the dealer has also installed the rail that supports the cargo net. if so, don't try to remove the rail. the good thing about the cheapass saddlebags is the ease with which you can remove the lids. just open and slide the top back and it should come off. if not, jiggle it around a bit and it will.

then you'll locate three wingnuts on the floor of the saddle bag. loosen them and you will be able to lift the bags off them. you can then slide the screws down the rail and remove fairly easily. you will then probably find two extra woodgrained rails that will slide into the grooves and make it look like the saddlebags were never there. as to what to do with $400 worth of plastic saddlebags, your guess is as good as mine.

have a great time

t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts