Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading and hearing all about this years homecoming, we decided that were going to try and make it to that next year. :party It was during one of the only slow times we have during the season so we were just going to close down a few days.
If the plant closes does this mean no homecoming? :(

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I think we will still have a homecoming, but instead of going to the plant all the guys will have to find baby blue tuxedo's with ruffle shirts, and white paten (sp) leather shoes and the girls will have to find some puffy skirts, where their hair up, and wear some gawd awful corsage the size of a watermelon just slightly below their left collarbone.

Oh geez, you are going to just love it.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Hmmm

Gina said:
After reading and hearing all about this years homecoming, we decided that were going to try and make it to that next year. :party

... If the plant closes does this mean no homecoming? :(
Very good question.

I will have to find out what would happen if 06 MY becomes the last year of production. :confused

Perhaps the Last Homecoming would be in order! :yesnod

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
Marc NY said:
Very good question.

I will have to find out what would happen if 06 MY becomes the last year of production. :confused

Perhaps the Last Homecoming would be in order! :yesnod

No that would be called a funeral.
And Focks the attire you mentioned would not be appropriate.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Lansing Craft Center

As we all have seen, GM is having a tough time of things right now. The Lansing Craft Center has been rumored to be on the list of plants that may be closed. Time will tell if that comes to be.

GM is trying to achieve near 100% capacity at its assembly facilities. This will be done by shifting production from one facility to another one, that may be more efficient, and closing less profitable facilities.

Remember that the SSR is built on the Trailblazer platform, and with some changes at the trailblazer assembly facility, the SSR could be built there.
With SUV production currently down overall, it may be possible for, one week a month or every other month, to run a batch of SSRs. Since this was a limited production vehicle to begin with, that garners some high level support within GM, this may be a possible solution. We can only hope.

I don't see the SSR getting dumped just yet.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Gina said:
After reading and hearing all about this years homecoming, we decided that were going to try and make it to that next year. :party It was during one of the only slow times we have during the season so we were just going to close down a few days.
If the plant closes does this mean no homecoming? :(

Gina even if the plant closes and dosen't have a homecoming. I think it would be a great idea to come up with a homecoming of our own. Lansing will always be the the birth place of the SSR. So I say we plan something anyway. Plus I'm planning on doing a BBQ again!!! If no homecoming then the Woodward Dream Crusie could be our homecoming.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
dingbat said:
And Focks the attire you mentioned would not be appropriate.
So what you are saying is you still have your baby blue tux, with ruffled shirt, right? :lol :lol :lol

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,259 Posts
2006 Homecoming Proposal

hotrodgirl said:
Gina even if the plant closes and dosen't have a homecoming. I think it would be a great idea to come up with a homecoming of our own. Lansing will always be the the birth place of the SSR. So I say we plan something anyway. Plus I'm planning on doing a BBQ again!!! If no homecoming then the Woodward Dream Crusie could be our homecoming.
Deb,

There are a number of you that have the schedule from the 2005 Homecoming and I'm sure the dates for the 2006 Dream Cruise are already set....... What do you say we put a "2006 Lansing Homecoming and Woodward Dream Cruise" on the calendar now? Replicate the things that worked well and modify the things that didn't. Lessons learned are a sure fire recipe for success.

We could at least allocate appropriate time for an "at the factory" LCC event just like 2005 and see if GM will step up early to commit. If GM elects to not take the lead or participate formally, we could propose an open invitation to the SSR product line workers and their families for a "bring your own" picnic and BBQ in a major park somewhere there.

Debbie and I will come join in the fun.....

Thinking out loud,

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
2006 Homecoming & Cruise

What do you say we put a "2006 Lansing Homecoming and Woodward Dream Cruise" on the calendar now?
I think that's a great idea! I think it would be best to call something now so fanatic members could plan for the time off. I'm sure Marc is in the making of something to come.

The Woodward Dream Cruise is a packed filled weekend! I'm sure that anyone that was here can tell you that. It is exhausting. I would suggest planning for extra days if any one is interested in coming. Best days to cruise are the three days before the weekend. The day before and day of the event are impossible! If it wasn't for rhobbel obtaing that wonderful lot. Many of you would have never seen Woodward. Ray did a wonderful thing for all of us fanatics :thumbs

We could at least allocate appropriate time for an "at the factory" LCC event just like 2005 and see if GM will step up early to commit.
This is where I think Marc would be the most help.

we could propose an open invitation to the SSR product line workers and their families for a "bring your own" picnic and BBQ in a major park somewhere there.
I'm all in for the BBQ/picnic. We have some beautiful parks here in MI. I'm not to familar with the Lansing area but I am able to get information for that area. I'm willing to help bring this great event together!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Homecoming and Bar B Q

Youall bring the Bar B Q , I'll bring the MARGARITAS :) :) :)
Don't forget I have dubbs on the DRIVE WAY.. :seeya Kay :ssr

B

·
0 Posts
I am ready to go again. I know I will take more time off from work to enjoy the surroundings a little more. Tues thru mon I think. Only 16 hours to get there.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
That sounds like fun and by then, I might even have my truck back :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Homecoming in Michigan!

hotrodgirl said:
Your reservations are booked :thumbs
Deb you can count me in again! Perhaps we can get another great tour at the GM Heritage Center once again! :thumbs

Perhaps our 2nd Annual SSR Yard Party at hotrodgirl's place? :jester

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts