Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline 6 Speed
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several old posts and few newer posts about "crap" in the fluid reservoir for the clutch and using a turkey baster to draw the fluid out. I have done this on my '05 along with wiping out the "crap" left in the reservoir and refilling with fresh fluid. A couple of test drives indicate that the clutch pedal has quit hanging up and appears to be operating correctly again.
Now for the dumb question. When I took the cap off the reservoir, there was a black rubber gasket/seal inside the reservoir. The flat gasket is round with a hole in the center, about 2 1/4" OD and about 1 1/4" ID and about 1/16" thick. This gasket doesn't fit inside the cap or around the treads on the reservoir that the cap screws to. Is there a reason that this gasket was just kind of floating around in the reservoir??
Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
Sounds like a logical question, but since I have an Automatic I cannot help out. It will be interesting to read the answer though. By the way, the only dumb question is the one not asked.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
That is the cap seal and should seat against the cap not loose. You may be wise to order a new improved cap from Mike Byers.

·
Registered
05 Redline 6 Speed
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I can shape the seal into a "cone" and get it back in the cap, but it won't stay. I just saw Byer's post about the new cap. He works where I bought the truck. I'll hit him up for a new cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts