Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here is the info many of you have been eagerly awaiting...LOL

OK- SSR friends get ready for one last time to spend time with your SSR and friends before we get busy with the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

On Sat Dec 8, 2018 there are 2 parades-

Duncan, SC starting at James F Byrnes HS
Parade starts at 10 AM- goes approx 1 mile thru town
150 E. Main St, Duncan SC
line up is at far end of school

Lunch afterwards at location TBD (depending on how many attendees we have)

Sat Dec. 8, 2018- Reidville

The afternoon parade is the Reidville parade- the exit is the same but it is to the east approx 6 miles from Byrnes HS. This one starts at 3 but we need to be onsite by approx 1:30- the earlier we get there, the quicker we can go onto the parade route so we can then park and enjoy all the participants. Last year included Corvette group, 60's muscle cars, assorted fire trucks, John Deere tractors, and as Dick can attest the Shriner's HeJaz HillBilly Clan with all sorts of interesting rides

Street Address-
Close location since the ballfields do not have a physical address-
Sugar Tit Moonshine Distillary
330 Main St, Reidville

For those interested in travelling and staying the night- there is plenty of lodging right there in Duncan- Hampton Inn, Jameson Inn and a couple other places I can't think of right now.

Let's show all the other chapters how the Carolina's chapter makes it happen. And yes, anyone from another chapter that wants to join in the fun is welcome to join us- we'd love to have you.....Also, last year we had UV metallic, Red, Black, Yellow and Aqua Blur. BUT!!!! We need more.......Need silver and pac blue.....

Gas prices as of 11/10- approx $2.31/gal for regular

Also, in case you haven't heard and I'm sure most of you haven't since I hadn't sent any other emails out- come and see the James F Byrnes Rebel Regiment HS Marching Band- 6 years in row SCBDA Upper State Champions and their 2nd Class 5A title.

Thanks everyone and I hope to hear from you soon.

***Added***
Received a call from the City of Reidville a week or ago- would I mind if the parade Grand Marshall rode with me. Yup!!! Sure, why not. So, in place of the Corvette Club, Camaro club, those, dare I say it "Mustangs seeking sidewalks" they are having the SSR's either at the front, or a couple of positions from the front of the parade...which means

WE NEED MORE SSR'S!!!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Place saver- attendees

CaptEric- UV metallic
Meg- Black
Dick/Marge- Red
12Pack- Aqua Blur
Cary/Jeri Palmer- 2 SSR's Yellow/Red
Bruce C. Black (tentative for AM parade)

·
MY05SSR
582 Posts
Well, here is the info many of you have been eagerly awaiting...LOL

OK- SSR friends get ready for one last time to spend time with your SSR and friends before we get busy with the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

On Sat Dec 8, 2018 there are 2 parades-

Duncan, SC starting at James F Byrnes HS
Parade starts at 10 AM- goes approx 1 mile thru town
150 E. Main St, Duncan SC
line up is at far end of school

Lunch afterwards at location TBD (depending on how many attendees we have)

Sat Dec. 8, 2018- Reidville

The afternoon parade is the Reidville parade- the exit is the same but it is to the east approx 6 miles from Byrnes HS. This one starts at 3 but we need to be onsite by approx 1:30- the earlier we get there, the quicker we can go onto the parade route so we can then park and enjoy all the participants. Last year included Corvette group, 60's muscle cars, assorted fire trucks, John Deere tractors, and as Dick can attest the Shriner's HeJaz HillBilly Clan with all sorts of interesting rides

Street Address-
Close location since the ballfields do not have a physical address-
Sugar Tit Moonshine Distillary
330 Main St, Reidville

For those interested in travelling and staying the night- there is plenty of lodging right there in Duncan- Hampton Inn, Jameson Inn and a couple other places I can't think of right now.

Let's show all the other chapters how the Carolina's chapter makes it happen. And yes, anyone from another chapter that wants to join in the fun is welcome to join us- we'd love to have you.....Also, last year we had UV metallic, Red, Black, Yellow and Aqua Blur. BUT!!!! We need more.......Need silver and pac blue.....

Gas prices as of 11/10- approx $2.31/gal for regular

Also, in case you haven't heard and I'm sure most of you haven't since I hadn't sent any other emails out- come and see the James F Byrnes Rebel Regiment HS Marching Band- 6 years in row SCBDA Upper State Champions and their 2nd Class 5A title.

Thanks everyone and I hope to hear from you soon.
I'm leaving all my upgrades wait just so we can come, Hope it doesn't snow like last year (my R is scary in the stuff and I came from the snowbelt)

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,421 Posts
You know I will be there!!
:party
:silver::purple::blue::black::yellow::ssr

NOTE AS OF THURSDAY 12/06:
These parades may be cancelled due to the winter storm weather.. stay tuned for "official" word from Capt.Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts