Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen the new Dynatech long tube header system at sema and the whole kit with converters is just awsome. Its about time someone come out with a system that wont break the bank. I must say this is a must for 5.3 and 6.0 SSRs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And guess who got the first set installed on there SSR :cool !!! I liked the price even better, free. Just a month downtime to get the headers right for everyone else. If you want pictures or something drop a note back and I'll snap some and figure out where to post.
Leo

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I carry the dynatech headers. If you guys are interested in a price let me know. Thanks, Kaley

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kaley:

What do you get for a set for a 2005?

·
Registered
52 Posts
These headers sound great and are an awesome quality. I visited their shop and saw how attentive to detail they are. If you put these on yourself the passenger side is a tight squeeze but well worth the installation.
I took a tour of the shop before we started the installation process and again while they were test fitting and doing a lot of the prep work. I was impressed with their desire to manufacture a top notch product for our community. It was painful having the SSR gone for a month but well worth it in the end. These headers rock. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested in a little more power and a very nice sounding exhaust note even with factory mufflers.
Leo
:seeya

·
Registered
1 Posts
2C5only21 said:
I carry the dynatech headers. If you guys are interested in a price let me know. Thanks, Kaley
I would be interested in a quote for the headers. Think it would be a good improvement.
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dynatech headers

So did anyone ever get a price? What kind of power increase,the numbers? Thanks :flag :flag :flag :flag

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can call over to Dynatech and find out when they are going to start selling and how much they will run. I'll post back later on the pricing. You can check out their website at www.dynatechheaders.com, the contact email is [email protected]. For the numbers, I could scan the dyno runs but not sure how to post them up here.
The numbers are:
Stock: Torque 265.6 LB at 4000 RPM 249.4 HP at 5300 RPM
Headers and High Flow Cats with stock exhaust:
Torque 293.4 LB at 4000 RPM 265.9 HP at 5300 RPM.

These runs were done on a DYNOJET machine. The stock set up on 9/24/04 and the headers set up on 10/12/04.

The numbers don't really show the true effect. The SSR sounds so good and has such a smoother ramp up with the headers. The power curve much better over the stock set up.
Any questions or if you want some photo's of the headers shout back and I'll send some.
By the way I am not a worker or anything associated with Dynatech. We just happen to be in the right place at the right time and got the headers manufactured and installed for free as the test truck. It took a month of bending, documenting and twisting but they are worth every day of it.
Leo
:flag

·
Registered
52 Posts
I posted the DYNO charts in the members photo area under members galleries. I'll place the call over to the shop today and see when they will be available and pricing.
Leo :party

·
Registered
500 Posts
I ordered a set from the factory @$1295.00 They will be coming in around Jan.3rd. or so.
I've already installed a Magnaflow cat back setup.It should be really awsome. Question,are you still running a stock tune and could you snap some pics?

thanks Craig

·
Registered
52 Posts
We are still running a stock tune and stock mufflers. I'll snap a few shots of the headers and post them either later tonight or early tomorrow. I tried to call the shop but all the folks were up in Indy at the PIR car show.
Leo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Okay I am uploading about 11 pictures of the headers. Sorry I didn't have the truck jacked up and the concrete is cold out there! If you need something specific to look at I'll try to get a shot and show you it.
Leo

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
05 Price please!!!!

2C5only21 said:
Hi Kaley, How about a price for my 05? Post here or send me a PM. Thanks, Fred :yesnod :cheers :seeya

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I have been searching all over the internet in every forum imaginable and finally there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. :thumbs

I have been looking for a header system for my 2004 Bucik Rainer. Since the SSR and Rainer share the same platform (GMT360) do you think the Supermaxx system will fit my SUV? Can a vendor please ask Dynatech.

I have already ordered HPTuner to do a custom tune to get rid of Torque Managment and get my VE tables more dialed in. But the single most important thing that's holding me back from doing Heads and Cams is the ability to first install a good exhaust system.

TIA!

Sebastien

·
Registered
500 Posts
Headers

Sebastien,

The best way to find out is to call dynatech direct.Of course,you could contract through your local speed shop but if you want to find out you can call John Gaston at sales 812-897-3600.

Good luck
Craig

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about some prices?????????????

Second request, are you still with us Kaley?? Fred :cheers :lol
2C5only21 said:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts