Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from Power Tour, did Arlington to St Louis back home to Mississippi

DYNO Results MAGNACHARGER 310 hp and 332 torque; stock is 220? at rear wheel, GM Performance Division states 295 at flywheel

75 Shot of NOS 375hp and 435 torque

1/4 Mile Results: 14.5, 14.04, 14.00, best at 13.5 @ 104.4mph

I have tons of pics when I download to computer

Joel The tranny definitely needs a shift kit, could possibly decrease time by maybe 1/2 second???

Needs upgrade kit states Comp Cams to include: pistons, rods, cam, heads, etc etc etc, then with the increase in hp will need tranny upgrade

Later

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Awesome work - I'd love to see this one in Truckin Magazine. Definitely worthy of one of their major spreads.

Very interested in learning more about the wheels - I've been looking for 5 spoke wheels to fit the 6 bolt pattern, but nothing so far to fit the SSR offsets and sizecombination to keep the original sizes. It's hard to tell for sure from the photo, but it doesn't look like the original 6 bolt hubs - what was involved in the changeover?

Wheel brand and size?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Nice Custom Bed. Lots of room for Trophies!!
I see you met the So Cal Shop Push SSR.
You made a very cool SSR.:cool

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Amazing

My truck looks just like that......don't I wish :lol

Can you tell us exactly what you have in the truck bed? It looks great.

BTW I talked to someone yesterday who said that a van conversion company put a rumble seat into the back. He is trying to get me their info so that I can get pictures of it and post them. Would definitely be something to see.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You are an inspiration to all of the other "Car Crazy" folks like us!!! I love the way they did the bed for you! That is a ton of work!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for all the compliments, the interior is customized also, yellow seat inserts with SSR stitching, headrest redone, and the asbestos or whatever hood material recovered with leather also. A gauge pod houses the supercharger boost, NOS pressure and fuel pressure. The passenger airbag was removed and a Nissan 350Z glove box was inserted. I used the SSR emblem off the tailgate for the face of the new glove box.

The wheels are Kaizer Circus 1; 20's on the front and 22's on the rear. My other choice was Circus 2 but was misordered by the wheel company, imagine that.

The tires are almost the same dimensions as the other tires, go to Superbuytires.com to match tire dimensions. There are also several wheels that are available for the FWD offset and RWD set.

I will insert other custom pics

Joel

·
Registered
31 Posts
lowering

camaro69cmrlvr said:
thanx for all the compliments, the interior is customized also, yellow seat inserts with SSR stitching, headrest redone, and the asbestos or whatever hood material recovered with leather also. A gauge pod houses the supercharger boost, NOS pressure and fuel pressure. The passenger airbag was removed and a Nissan 350Z glove box was inserted. I used the SSR emblem off the tailgate for the face of the new glove box.

The wheels are Kaizer Circus 1; 20's on the front and 22's on the rear. My other choice was Circus 2 but was misordered by the wheel company, imagine that.

The tires are almost the same dimensions as the other tires, go to Superbuytires.com to match tire dimensions. There are also several wheels that are available for the FWD offset and RWD set.

I will insert other custom pics

Joel
Hey Joel,

We're building '05 SSR for the factory and our client Tractech (Detroit Locker) for the SEMA Show. Did you install in a set of Eibach springs? Did you drop it at all (can't tell from images)? This (lowering the front) is proving to be a REAL problem.

We've talked to Pete @ So Cal (He's a good friend) and they went to a lot of trouble to fabricate a-arms, switching ball joints, re-doing fender panels, and etc. to get the front down. Might have to have them make up a set for us. Doubtful that they will produce these to the public (liability issues).

We're planning on using 18" 'real' Halibrands. Sort of a throwback Duntov Corvette retro theme. We're tooling up a great front fascia, rear fender brake cooling inlets, and tailgate work passenger seat hard tonneau, funny car roll cage with removable fairing, NASCAR Nextel cup exhaust.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the truck was lowered with the Eichbach springs, I believe 1.5 and 2.5 inches respectively

we encountered no problems with wheel clearance or ride performance

Joel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts