Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the earliest VIN. production numbers were for the 2005. I bought mine on Sept. 14, 2004, and would like to know if it was one on the first built for 05. My VIN is: 1GCES14H25B114258. Anyone know if maybe I got the First in Georgia? :confused

P

·
0 Posts
U Beat me, Mine is a 15,xxx series number and was built in September, delivered to Florida around the beginning of October. I saw a couple of 14,xxx numbers as 04's in other "threads" so I would venture a guess you are real close to the "leading edge" of 05's :) enjoy!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
171 is a great number!

froberts said:
Does anyone know what the earliest VIN. production numbers were for the 2005. I bought mine on Sept. 14, 2004, and would like to know if it was one on the first built for 05. My VIN is: 1GCES14H25B114258. Anyone know if maybe I got the First in Georgia? :confused
Hi froberts,

From GM Sources:

The Last VIN # for 2004 MY is #***B114086 = 14,086
The first VIN # for 2005 MY is #***B114087 = 14,087

First VIN = 14,087
Your VIN = 14,258
Yours would be the 171st. 05 SSR built.

If they were able to build up to the 72 a day schedules, yours would then have been built on the third day of the first week of production for the 05 MY - Wednesday, August 25, 2004.

Ps. This is an "edited" photo of an Andon "Build" board that shows you their goal (72) and actual built numbers at that time of the day.

Attachments

R

·
0 Posts
Marc NY said:
Hi froberts,

From GM Sources:

The Last VIN # for 2004 MY is #***B114086 = 14,086
The first VIN # for 2005 MY is #***B114087 = 14,087

First VIN = 14,087
Your VIN = 14,258
Yours would be the 171st. 05 SSR built.

If they were able to build up to the 72 a day schedules, yours would then have been built on the third day of the first week of production for the 05 MY - Wednesday, August 25, 2004.

Cool! That makes our '05 the 14th one made in the production line. Does anyone know what day/date that would have been?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Early build #

Redline '05 said:
Cool! That makes our '05 the 14th one made in the production line. Does anyone know what day/date that would have been?
HI Redline,

If yours was the #14th. 05 - SSR built then yours would have then been built on the very first day of 05-MY ~ Monday, August 23, 2004.

PS. You should add your VIN# under your My SSR area! :thumbs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vin #'s

Mark-
How do I add my VIN ?
Hate to be a pain...........
Thanks
Les
PS- Not to mention some of the pix ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
First 6-Speed?

pesos said:
so what was the # of the first 6 speed? :)

I had the same question as I went through the thread!

I was told that my SSR was built during the first week of production (November 8th... I think).

My VIN is 17623

R

·
0 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI Redline,

If yours was the #14th. 05 - SSR built then yours would have then been built on the very first day of 05-MY ~ Monday, August 23, 2004.

PS. You should add your VIN# under your My SSR area! :thumbs

Thanks Marc! Is it possible to find out if it was the first '05 in Illinois? The early production number would also explain why we don't have the new style door cards...they went into the production line later I believe.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Door Pannels

Redline '05 said:
Thanks Marc! Is it possible to find out if it was the first '05 in Illinois? The early production number would also explain why we don't have the new style door cards...they went into the production line later I believe.
The new design 05 door pannels weren't introduced until the Tuesday right after Labor Day. So any 05s built before that time frame would still have the older door pannel style.

Ps. Hmmm to find out when the first one was delivered in your state I have to ask around to see if they can find that out.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
6-Speeds

pesos said:
so what was the # of the first 6 speed? :)
Bill Bogert said:
I had the same question as I went through the thread!

I was told that my SSR was built during the first week of production (November 8th... I think).

My VIN is 17623
HI guys,

Yes Bill, If I remember correctly yours was a very early 6-speed. I will try to get more info on when the first 6-speed was made etc.

R

·
0 Posts
Marc NY said:
The new design 05 door pannels weren't introduced until the Tuesday right after Labor Day. So any 05s built before that time frame would still have the older door pannel style.

Ps. Hmmm to find out when the first one was delivered in your state I have to ask around to see if they can find that out.
Thanks again Marc!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2005 Vin

I bought my 2005 from a dealer that purchased it at a GM auction---it was titled to GM originally. I was able to get the dealer to get me the original invoice. The invoice said PILOT car---inside the top storage compartment I found a tag that said GM PILOT MATERIAL on a bright green tag----"enclosed envelope contains required GP-4 section 2.1 documentation" but no enclosed documentation. It was built in July 04 and the vin is 12788. It is titled as an 05 and has all the 05 equipment including the LS-2 (but not the new doors)

Does anyone have a clue about PILOT cars and is mine one of the first 05's?

·
Registered
369 Posts
first??????

Heeey Mark,
Could you tell me what time of day they installed my chrome muffler bearings???? :lol :lol :lol :lol
Mike :cool

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
One of the Earliest!

SSRphantom said:
... Does anyone have a clue about PILOT cars and is mine one of the first 05's?
FYI: The builds are referred to as Manufacturing Validation Builds. They are future model years build on line in a special event to test out the new content and manufacturing processing changes for the upcoming model year. Typically, they are built a month or so prior to the commencement of the start of retail production. This would certainly be one of the first 2005 models. They would have been built in one of several build events that would take place, depending on the level of content change for the model year.

These are not "mules' as I have read on our site. But a “planned build” of early saleable vehicles. GM won’t build them if they can't eventually sell them. They must accumulate a set amount of mileage on the early builds as a group, to serve as a final validation of the changes. One exception would be durability and sometimes advertising units. Due to the destructive nature of durability and the need to often disassemble, repaint and sometimes even cut away parts of the vehicle to get the right camera angle, GM would not put such units into the stream of commerce.

Once again as far as the door trim panels go, they were break pointed in September, right after Labor Day, so this vehicle would have been assembled with the older design.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First 2005

Thanks for the information! The other knowledge I was able to get from the invoice is that GM made the initial order for this car in March of 04---When GM listed the invoice cost it was lower than the invoice cost to dealers---it was lower by about 3% so I suspect that GM did not have "holdback" on its own purchase.

If anyone knows of an earlier car or the next in line let me know.

SSRphantom

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Bad Asphalt LOL said:
Well you got me going. I'am totaly lost my # is 6515. So does it have the new door panels or old? When was mine built.
You left off the 1 before the 6515! Well if it has the old panels you can't fit your hand between the seat and the door, new one,,,, You can!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts