Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May 21st...East Central Florida Cruise

More info on inital meeting place:

Palm Bay Chevrolet

1450 Executive Circle NE. Palm Bay, FL 32905
(321) 309-6600...mention the SSR gathering

Located on the Southeast corner of Interstate 95 and Palm Bay Road (Route 516)

If you get lost, my cell phone is (321) 427 9999

We have secured the support of Donna Revills of Palm Bay Chevrolet (I 95 and Palm Bay Road, just south of Melbourne) as an initial meeting location. This dealership is owned by the Rathmann family of Indianapolis racing fame. They have a very unique showroom full of old racing memorabilia and have graciously agreed to provide our group some soft drinks and snacks at their café while we gather. They will also provide us with some Chevrolet logo giveaways. My plan would be to have everyone gather there between 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM on Saturday May 21st. We’ll depart this location at 12:30 PM.

From Palm Bay Chevrolet, I have mapped out a 30 mile scenic cruise along the Indian River that takes us to the restored, historic area of downtown Cocoa Florida. This should take about an hour and a half. There are numerous small shops, art galleries and restaurants in this area. There are also several buildings with murals from the 40’s and 50’s that make a great scenic backdrop for taking some photos of your SSR. I have arranged a seating area at Murdock’s, one of the local eateries and watering holes. It is a very casual atmosphere and they have a good selection of food and drink. There is plenty of safe parking for our vehicles right across the street.

I’ll be providing some additional info (link to Palm Bay Chevrolet, map of our cruise route and a photo or two of the Cocoa area) soon. In the mean time, I’d sure like to hear from you and know whether or not you plan to attend and if you are coming, the number in your party. Feel free to pass this along to any other SSR owners who you think might have an interest.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cameron Orr

“Tahoejoe”

Response Thusfar:

Tahoejoe +1
Jeff DBFL +1
Dingbat + 1
Laurence +1
Paul(Boca) +1
Vettegirl +1
62vette +1
Nose Picker +1
6.0TOGO +1
Vern maybe
John E + 1
Bill +1
Dittonzssr +1
Mike +1

Jack + 1 maybe?
Wendell maybe?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
tahoejoe....an idea.......The Hot Rod Power tour is proceeding south from Milwaukee ending in Kissimmee on June 10th. I'm joining that group in Birningham proceeding south to Kissimmee with them.
Would it be possible to work something at the end of that tour in that area as it might include anywhere from 10 to 50 SSR's which might be interested for the gathering???? Just an idea :seeya

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I'll look into that. Do you have more info on the tour you could forward to me?

Tahoejoe

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
tahoejoe said:
Thanks...I'll look into that. Do you have more info on the tour you could forward to me?

Tahoejoe
Joe, here is a link for that info...

Hot Rod Power Tour

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK…Time to get to some specifics for a first attempt to get together.

I’ve secured the support of Palm Bay Chevrolet (I 95 and Palm Bay Road, just south of Melbourne) as an initial meeting location. This dealership is owned by the Rathmann family of Indianapolis racing fame. They have a very unique showroom full of old racing memorabilia and have graciously agreed to provide our group some soft drinks and snacks at their café while we gather. They will also provide us with some Chevrolet logo giveaways. My plan would be to have everyone gather there between 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM on Saturday May 21st. We’ll depart this location at 12:30 PM.

From Palm Bay Chevrolet, I have mapped out a 30 mile scenic cruise along the Indian River that takes us to the restored, historic area of downtown Cocoa Florida. This should take about an hour and a half. There are numerous small shops, art galleries and restaurants in this area. There are also several buildings with murals from the 40’s and 50’s that make a great scenic backdrop for taking some photos of your SSR. I have arranged a seating area at Murdock’s, one of the local eateries and watering holes. It is a very casual atmosphere and they have a good selection of food and drink. There is plenty of safe parking for our vehicles right across the street.

I’ll be providing some additional info (link to Palm Bay Chevrolet, map of our cruise route and a photo or two of the Cocoa area) soon. In the mean time, I’d sure like to hear from you and know whether or not you plan to attend and if you are coming, the number in your party. Feel free to pass this along to any other SSR owners who you think might have an interest.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cameron Orr

“Tahoejoe”

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Change of plans...

Well, count us in! When I was telling my husband last night all you had planned, he decided he was feeling a cold coming on, and would probably be too ill to make it to work on May 21 (cough, cough..).

Please post directions to Palm Bay Chevrolet when you get a chance, and what time you are expecting everyone. Sounds like a blast, see you there!! :seeya

·
Registered
349 Posts
Y'all have fun - I wish I were there! We are moving back to the Jacksonville area near the end of this summer. Don't know exactly where yet, but probably in northern St. Johns County. Then I can wash off the love bugs like the rest of you! :lol I'd rather do that any day than spend another winter in Flagstaff, AZ at 7,000 feet, tons of snow, and my SSR in the garage most of the time! :ssr

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Too bad I let Merritt Island last August. If I was still there I'd be joining as well. Stay clear of the love bugs! ;)

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
You can take I4, than south on I95. Ther are still alot of love bugs this way but not as many.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just FYI...I'm keeping a running total of those who have responded affirmitively at the bottom of the very first post in this section.

Tahoejoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Six so far Jeff. Check out the bottom of my very first post in this thread. I've been editing it as people respond affirmatively. I couldn't think of any other way to keep folks up to speed.

My wife says we ought to make T-shirts for everyone who joins in on this inaugural cruise...what do you think? Just another little perk for showing up.

Tahoejoe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be our treat this time.

She is going to try and track down a shop tomorrow and take them a sample line drawing.

Can you see the response status at the end of the first post OK?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts