Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
Joined
·
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thay are real. We had an SSR Austin get-together this morning. We met at Smokey Joe's at 2222 and 620, snapped photos, drove to marble Falls via the scenic route, returned via Hwy 71, and stopped at my home so the guys could see my motorcycles!

Jim G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I was there!

I swear JimG's telling the truth - I was there.

This is a shot of all 5 of us about 20 minutes earlier along US-71 near Spicewood TX.

(Mine is in the center lookin all cool and yellow...)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
They look as good as the five we had at Cruzned's house in VA.

The only thing that makes our five a little better than Jim's is that We put Ed to work washing ours. HA HA HA ( we all chiped in)

This makes owning one very special. :flag :ssr :cool
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Man it is so cool that you guys get to hook up. Notice how the black SSR(s) always stand out and look the coolest!

Jim,what bikes do you have? Personally i ride a Yamaha Midnight Venture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Cool pics...

Brownhornet said:
They look as good as the five we had at Cruzned's house in VA.

The only thing that makes our five a little better than Jim's is that We put Ed to work washing ours. HA HA HA ( we all chiped in)

This makes owning one very special. :flag :ssr :cool
Thanks for the picture of Ed cleaning Eeyore. I had not seen that one before.

Yes, it is really cool to get them together AND have someone else do the cleaning. :jester

Diggs
 

·
Senior Privileged Member
Joined
·
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ricardo:

Ducati Monster S4 that has been lightened by about 55 lb net (down from 434 to 380 lb) via carbon fiber and lightweight alloy components. It took 2nd place at the Dallas Ducati Monster Challenge show last fall. With a 916cc superbike engine, the light weight, and 24% stiffer gearing, it is a motorized skateboard now.

Ducati 996 Superbike with Termi 54mm carbon fiber full exhaust system, ecu, dyno tune, and regeared 34%!!

Retired racebike: 93 Honda CBR900RR campaigned by Ed Cook of AF1 Racing, re-equipped for the street but 30 lb lighter and 20% stronger, and regeared 21% stiffer than Ed had it (He is appalled. Wonders how I will keep the front wheel in contact with pavement)

Aprilia RS50 on steroids: 70cc race kit, race induction, expansion chamber exhaust, etc., with new top speed of 75 mph (!), and waiting for next stage where Micah at Af1 reproduces what he did to HIS to get it to be able to lap 46 laps at 101 mph.

I play outside the envelope.

Jim G
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Diggs said:
Thanks for the picture of Ed cleaning Eeyore. I had not seen that one before.

Yes, it is really cool to get them together AND have someone else do the cleaning. :jester

Diggs

Diggs, I thought that was the best picture of all.

Jim, Nice bikes. I thought I was the only one that loves speed.
 

·
A Little BIG JIM
Joined
·
3,351 Posts
Rhino

JimGnitecki said:
You guys in Virginia didn't have an SSR with a dynamic rhino hood ornament! :)

Jim G
No rhino hood ornament jim but me being as big as a rhino count?

BIG JIM :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Ricardo:

Ducati Monster S4 that has been lightened by about 55 lb net (down from 434 to 380 lb) via carbon fiber and lightweight alloy components. It took 2nd place at the Dallas Ducati Monster Challenge show last fall. With a 916cc superbike engine, the light weight, and 24% stiffer gearing, it is a motorized skateboard now.

Ducati 996 Superbike with Termi 54mm carbon fiber full exhaust system, ecu, dyno tune, and regeared 34%!!

Retired racebike: 93 Honda CBR900RR campaigned by Ed Cook of AF1 Racing, re-equipped for the street but 30 lb lighter and 20% stronger, and regeared 21% stiffer than Ed had it (He is appalled. Wonders how I will keep the front wheel in contact with pavement)

Aprilia RS50 on steroids: 70cc race kit, race induction, expansion chamber exhaust, etc., with new top speed of 75 mph (!), and waiting for next stage where Micah at Af1 reproduces what he did to HIS to get it to be able to lap 46 laps at 101 mph.

I play outside the envelope.

Jim G
Jim,

Next time I head to my place at Lake Buchanan I will drop off my 2004 (not street legal :lol ) XB12R Buell to see if you can give me some pointers on making it faster. :thumbs It is hard to find a good place to put it through its paces but when I do, what a rush... This is no top end bike but the 0 to 60 times will blow your hair back...

Regards,

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Thanks Diggs...I had not seen that shot before either. Guess I will have to get phtoshop out and make a few rhinos for us.... :jester
 

·
Jim-n-Tanya
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Bikes

I agree to wash Jim's bikes, but I told him I had to take them down the street to the do-it-yourself car wash. He didn't agree! Maybe next time! :lol

Those bikes should be in a museum! :seeya
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top