Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Also interesting that it's for 04 and 05 - they may not have noticed the engine change!!!

Somehow, I don't think they'll get a lot of takers.

Ray

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh they always find someone foolish enough to want it

very similar to the beanie baby craze on ebay

·
Registered
63 Posts
supercharger

looks interesting BUT they really need a spell checker. Wonder if the product works better then the spelling on their ad. Motordoctor

·
Registered
590 Posts
Flassh, you missed your runnin' boards on ebay, what happened?

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
I was being a cheapskate, and thought I could beat the Buy it now price @ 235.00. but set that as my max bid. I didn't think there would be too many people interested in red boards with no brackets.

They ended up selling for about 280.00.

Within minutes I had an email with a second chance for the selling price - apparently more in stock.

Went back to EBay, typed running boards for a search, and found a set of raw boards (no paint) with the black non-skid unattached. They aren't factory original, but are advertised as built to the same specs by a second supplier to ASC. Got the pair for $125.00, from the same vendor. I'll post on how the quality is, and whether they bolt up to the factory brackets with no problem.

If they're a match, I'll end up with a painted set of boards for a pretty good price. I'll prep and squirt them at home.

Ray

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where can i look for running boards other than ebay? i do a search for "ssr board" or "ssr running board" and i only find a couple. i want to get some that are OEM quality (if not OEM) but dont wanna pay $900 for them. i am looking for the chrome style ones to set off my black 03.-

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I don't know if anyone else look at all closely at the air intake routing from the filter to the supercharger, on this supercharger offered on eBay. It's pretty bizarre. Also, no intercooler (Magnacharger kit has one), so LOTS of heat going into the engine via hot (compressed) input air, and power prdouced will be appreciably lower dues to no intercooling, as the charge density will be much lower.

Jim G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts