Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I have a 2006 Chevy SSR with 142,000 miles on it. My brake light and ABS light both come on periodically. Brakes are fine.
Chevy error code is C0265.
I was told the EBCM needs to be replaced. Trouble is evidently GM no longer makes this part, my dealer can't find one, even in aftermarket.
Does anyone else have this issue and is it OK to continue to drive without replacing the ECBM??

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Might not be your EBCM. ABS unit may need a rebuild or my 05/06 underhood fuse issued. Get some assistance from a local SSR owner/tech guy.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,226 Posts
C0265 is a relay fault in the EBCM module. It is a very common failure in multiple GM platforms. Whoever told you that the EBCM needs replacement is misinformed. 99% of the time the EBCM is repairable with simple resoldering. There are numerous places nationwide that can repair this for you and several members on this site as well, Dragon2U is one such individual that provides this service. It is about a two hour job to actually repair the EBCM with resoldering only about 10-15 minutes of that time. The rest of the time is carefully removing the cover, cleaning off the old gasket sealer and then resealing/reassembling. Removing and then eventually reinstalling the EBCM from and back onto a SSR is about an hour total due to the tight working quarters.

And yes you can usually continue to drive with this fault but you may/may not have ABS system active, you should just have standard power brakes. You can even drive the vehicle with the EBCM removed as long as you don't disconnect the pump assembly. If you do remove the EBCM for repair, you should seal the valve rod area of the pump with foil/tape to keep it free of dirt and water while your EBCM is being repaired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts