'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,887 Posts
First video works for me!

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,092 Posts
The VCX Nano and Tech2Win only works with Windows XP or 7 and 32bit systems, so you'll need and older laptop to use it.
Also, it will do diagnostics similar to the Tech 2 but in order to do programming you need to get a GM subscription! The GM vehicle specific programing software is only $40 for 24 mo but may not be compatible with the Tech2Win system on this device. Would need to find out if anyone has used the VCX Nano Tech2Win with the ACDelco programing subscription.
This would be a better choice than a handheld scan tool since it has much better diagnostic capabilities. But the limiting factor is you will need an older 32bit laptop running XP or 7 to use it.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,740 Posts
Tech2Win

And to further clarify terms, Tech2Win is a PC-based Tech 2 emulator-software that basically allows you to see on a PC screen what would show up on an actual Tech 2 scan tool. It also emulates on the PC the same keys that are on the Tech 2 scan tool.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
And to further clarify terms, Tech2Win is a PC-based Tech 2 emulator-software that basically allows you to see on a PC screen what would show up on an actual Tech 2 scan tool. It also emulates on the PC the same keys that are on the Tech 2 scan tool.
Also the PC based Tech2win doesn't need the candi box to slow down the communications between the car and PC. Unlike the handheld Tech 2 which has to have the candi module to slow down communications so it can understand it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The VCX Nano and Tech2Win only works with Windows XP or 7 and 32bit systems, so you'll need and older laptop to use it.
Also, it will do diagnostics similar to the Tech 2 but in order to do programming you need to get a GM subscription! The GM vehicle specific programing software is only $40 for 24 mo but may not be compatible with the Tech2Win system on this device. Would need to find out if anyone has used the VCX Nano Tech2Win with the ACDelco programing subscription.
This would be a better choice than a handheld scan tool since it has much better diagnostic capabilities. But the limiting factor is you will need an older 32bit laptop running XP or 7 to use it.
At work we are running Tech2win on a windows 8 & 10 systems. I think what they mean is it will work with the older systems. I know GDS2 requires windows 8 or 10.
Also I have never heard of a GM service programming for $40 for 24 months before. Normally it is $40 for 24 hours. A yearly subscription is over $2k. So if this is true shops should jump on this $40 for two years!

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Corvette has been in a accident. The Computer has a shut off in a accident. If the airbags deployed or crash bars front & or rear have to be reset with a new sensor or some where is the reset for the ECM. The easier cheaper way is to hard reset the car by disconnecting the battery & leave it sit over night. BTDT. Just my experience with OBD 2

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,092 Posts
At work we are running Tech2win on a windows 8 & 10 systems. I think what they mean is it will work with the older systems. I know GDS2 requires windows 8 or 10.
Also I have never heard of a GM service programming for $40 for 24 months before. Normally it is $40 for 24 hours. A yearly subscription is over $2k. So if this is true shops should jump on this $40 for two years!
according to the ACDELCO the programing software is $40 but it is an add on to the Tech2Win. Since this tool supposedly emulates the Tech2Win software it may not be compatible.
https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

Its possible this tool could diagnose the pesky ABS code to determine if its a wheel sensor or the ABS module. OBD won't read ABS codes.

Greg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Corvette has been in a accident. The Computer has a shut off in a accident. If the airbags deployed or crash bars front & or rear have to be reset with a new sensor or some where is the reset for the ECM. The easier cheaper way is to hard reset the car by disconnecting the battery & leave it sit over night. BTDT. Just my experience with OBD 2
Disconnecting the battery will not reset the airbag module if the airbags have deployed. The airbag module has to be sent off and reset. I have tried doing the battery and scanner methods of resetting airbag deploy issues and always have had to ether replace the module or send it off for a reset.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
according to the ACDELCO the programing software is $40 but it is an add on to the Tech2Win. Since this tool supposedly emulates the Tech2Win software it may not be compatible.
https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/subscribehome

Its possible this tool could diagnose the pesky ABS code to determine if its a wheel sensor or the ABS module. OBD won't read ABS codes.

Greg
Ok, we were talking about two different things. The software is $40 for 24 mo. That should just be the software to do reflashing/ reprogramming ECM's What I was talking about was the actual programming download from GM. It normally costs about 2k a year for the license to do them along with $30 every time you go into SPS to do a reprogramming.

My scanner I have at home can do ABS issues. It is a Snap on scanner.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,639 Posts
No videos???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts