Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an Eclipse AVN5435 installed in my '06 SSR. The vin # is 21986. The reason I mention the vin # is because the installer can't find the ecm/pcm pin # 50 to attach the speed sensor to. They can find the green and white wire in all the locations that G.M says the ecm/pcm are located. When they splice into the wire nothing happens. Therefore the need to locate the ecm/pcm and attach the eclipse navagation speed sensor to it.

All the books and schematics they have show the ecm/pcm located in one of three places, engine compartment, behind dash gauge cluster or behind the passenger seat. When the installer called G.M. and a local Chevy dealer they say thast there is now a fourth location for the ecm/pcm but they can't tell me where it is located. G.M. was kind enough to inform me that I could wait till approx. June of '06 when the have the service manuals printed and I can then buy one for Approx. $150.

The reason for my post then is, can anyone on the forum tell me where the fourth location for the ecm/pcm is located. That's why I posted my vin #. I'm not sure when they built my truck but if any one with a newer vin # than mine maybe has some info on the location I would appreciate it if you could share it with me. I know some of you have installed the Eclipe Avn24 series, but I fear it is on '04 or '05 models.

If not, can anyone give me any suggestions on how to get this information from Chevy with out seeking an act of congress. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:cry

Thanx, Broomer

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Your ECM or ECM&TCM are located in the engine compartment on the drivers side front under the black plastic cover that has 2 plastic snap rivits in the top of it. If you open the hood and look down on the driver side next to the radiator you cannt miss the cover. The pastic rivits can be removed by putting your fingernail under the edge of the center on the rivit and pulling it up, once the cover is removed you will see the ECM for stick and ECM & TCM for automatics.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It would be easiest to find the green and white wire coming out of the trans and
scotchlock to it...................I have AVNs in 4 of my cars and this works the best.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx,

Thanx for the help guys, I can't get back to the installer til next Tues. but I called him with the info you gave me and they think it will be no problem. Every thing works fine on the unit except there is no voice direction on the navigation and the arrow is about a hundred feet behind where I actually am. The screen keeps showing "check speed sensor". They installed German HB Quartz speakers with the unit and they really sound good.:)
Broomer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Photos man! Photos!! :)

I've been very interested in this unit and want to see how it looks in the panel.

Any problems with fit? Did they use a "GM" adapter so your chimes still work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts