Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you know I installed the rear eibachs a couple weeks ago. Got about 1.6 or so lower. I put just one front on today, just barley a half inch. I'm bummed about that. was hoping for close to 1 inch. don't know weather it is even worth the trouble. Anybody else get this result?:frown2:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The fronts will settle down some after you put some miles on them. My rears ended up two inches plus and I got the stance I wanted.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,997 Posts
Well as you know I installed the rear eibachs a couple weeks ago. Got about 1.6 or so lower. I put just one front on today, just barley a half inch. I'm bummed about that. was hoping for close to 1 inch. don't know weather it is even worth the trouble. Anybody else get this result?:frown2:
I would wager that you need to install the second spring to get a good read on how much difference they make. Your anti-sway bar will interfere with an unbalanced spring height.

Just to be sure, you only changed the spring...... You re-installed the same front shock, right?

Regards,

Mike

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would wager that you need to install the second spring to get a good read on how much difference they make. Your anti-sway bar will interfere with an unbalanced spring height.

Just to be sure, you only changed the spring...... You re-installed the same front shock, right?

Regards,

Mike
AHHHHH..... The sway bar! and yes, stock shock. will change other side and report back. thx, D

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
Hey Dino, you definitely need to install the second spring to get the drop. After a short cruise you should get at least a 1" drop.

Happy New Year,
Ken

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dino, you definitely need to install the second spring to get the drop. After a short cruise you should get at least a 1" drop.

Happy New Year,
Ken
installed second spring, about 5/8 both sides. Bounced it up and down a lot. maybe it will settle in. TOOOOOOO cold to drive!!! -13 this morning. brrrrrr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts