Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile2:

I was looking on line today at several of these cut out deals. This one appears to be one of the better ones, not sure.

.: QTP - Standard QTEC :.

My current set up is the Y pipe split that allows two header pipes going into a Magnaflow (2 in/2out) deal that several of you also have.

If it would work/fit, my thought would to get the cut outs mounted just ahead of the Magnaflow and then have another length of pipe on each side of the muffler to feed back into the dual tail pipes. Thus, when opened up, the muffler would be by passed but still exit out the duals.

Not sure the clearances are enough to do it this way, any body out there gone with cut outs on their SSR.:surprise:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,948 Posts
There are a couple of mufflers (look like a cherry bomb) with electric butterfly down the center. That allows both a muffler and straight pipe. Hooker is one of them.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,171 Posts
Mo,
You probably wouldn't like the sound for the effort, even if possible.
The bends and the pipe itself will act like mufflers. Some on here run straight pipes no muffler. I had that on my old pickup. Not obnoxious. I sure wouldn't spend the money, not enough difference.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Remote cutout

I did this 10 years ago, Ordered remote Badlanz cutout with a Y.
Quite noisy with cutout in front of muffler so I got another Y for after muffler, so could run with muffler or as straight pipes
14" Magnaflo see pic's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,991 Posts
Before electric cut outs we used to take mufflers of at headers man they hated us at high school about 10-15 cars with no mufflers st schools end lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts