Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the R out today, turned 30k as I rolled out of the garage, 30150 when I rolled back in. The last few minutes of the drive I thought something was happening although I was tired as heck. I thought I heard the doors lock (or unlock) once and the next time I looked at the dash the odometer and gear indicator areas were dark. A minute later they were on and they went out again. I turned the dash dimmer switch and they were back on. Also I noticed as I pulled into the garage the vent selector switch the defroster icon was on like I had turned the knob to it but I had not? Earlier in the ride I did turn my lights on as it was raining but turned them off a few minutes later and I have never changed the ignition switch (but have the correct one to do so in my tool bag). Thoughts? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Took the R out today, turned 30k as I rolled out of the garage, 30150 when I rolled back in. The last few minutes of the drive I thought something was happening although I was tired as heck. I thought I heard the doors lock (or unlock) once and the next time I looked at the dash the odometer and gear indicator areas were dark. A minute later they were on and they went out again. I turned the dash dimmer switch and they were back on. Also I noticed as I pulled into the garage the vent selector switch the defroster icon was on like I had turned the knob to it but I had not? Earlier in the ride I did turn my lights on as it was raining but turned them off a few minutes later and I have never changed the ignition switch (but have the correct one to do so in my tool bag). Thoughts? Thanks
:|

Be prepared, you're just likely to get a message from Dicktator to swap out your ignition switch. That would be my first guess.:wink2:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,249 Posts
Check your grounds ?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
What year is your R?
Profile says 2004.

I would start with the ignition switch and tighten the bolts in the fuse blocks to make sure all the connections ar snug.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yes it is a 2004 and the ignition switch was my first thought so that is what I shall do as well as the grounds.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
As mentioned in another post I believe the defrost indicator light is on at all times even if it is not being used, I know it,s on mine all the time.

Double checked it today and defroster light off when A/c is on...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As mentioned in another post I believe the defrost indicator light is on at all times even if it is not being used, I know it,s on mine all the time.

I was wondering if it is something I just never noticed? Are all 03-04 indicator lights on full time?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Me too. 2004.

Always thought it was weird, but being an SSR ...

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wrote a response to help with your electrical problems. Some on blocked & deleted it all ready. Hate this page. People think that they don't smell?? Need help? send me a email at [email protected]. I have the answer to your problems

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
I wrote a response to help with your electrical problems. Some on blocked & deleted it all ready. Hate this page. People think that they don't smell?? Need help? send me a email at [email protected]. I have the answer to your problems
:frown2:

Well, it kinda sounds like there was a "glitch" in your attempt to help the original poster. I can relate there are some oddities to making your posts/comments on this forum.

But, now you're hoping to help via a personal email from the OP. Would be nice, if one of you took the time to come back here and relate the outcome.:wink2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
The sensor for sunlight for head lights is picking up the change in available light. Option the some people who have cars & trucks don't know it. Many times I have tried to get vehicles around me on the road to turn on head lights. They think that daytime lights are head lights? Yes & No. The tail lights do not come on with day time driving lights. Time to read owners manual & learn about your SSR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts