Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes my 04 SSR starts. Sometime it doesn't. It acts like the battery is totally dead. Trunk release on key fob doesn't even work. Interior light don't even work when I open the door. After I jump start it and drive it around it may or may not start. Already replace ignition switch, starter and starting solenoid, alternator, battery.

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Sounds like one of the battery cable connections is not clean and tight.
Be sure to check them at the other end of the cable (away from the battery). Probably no need to replace neg cable, just make sure both ends of each cable are clean and tight. Be sure to check both cable before replacing one

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,365 Posts
Sounds like one of the battery cable connections is not clean and tight.
Be sure to check them at the other end of the cable (away from the battery). Probably no need to replace cable, just make sure both ends of each cable are clean and tight.
I agree...... go after the connections to the battery first and then the two ground connection points of the battery negative cable, located behind the right rear wheel on the top of the frame and the side of the body...... We have seen a number of failed battery ground cables. If that is your issue, go to NAPA and order a new cable. GM has discontinued them.....

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I really hope you are right. This issue has been driving me nuts for the past month. Local Chevy dealer said he finds nothing wrong.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,642 Posts
Read How to Library: BATTERY CABLE FIX

Ground completes the circuit, SSR has "Y" cable, one contact at Body, one on Frame. Where terminal connects to battery is also poor.

Can't get cable from GM, have to buy from NAPA.

See picture of "Poor" contact at body "Glowing" in the dark.

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts