Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2006 with 85K miles. I started it yesterday and all of my dash warning lights illuminated and stayed on. My windows and roof will not go down. The automatic lock will not work. I removed the battery cable. I saw a code on DIC for Conductor 4.

Help!!!:silver:

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio
Did anything happen with Mike's suggestion?

Does the engine start and run - can you drive the truck?
If yes, does the speedometer and tachometer work (these are actually dedicated data lines from ECM whereas the rest of the data comes from the class 2 serial data bus)

If it starts and runs can you get the codes read and let us know? I could not find conductor 4 as a code or as a DIC display in my books - however i don't have access to factory manual at school anymore.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
The only conductor 4 error code I can find pertains to large computer systems

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I gave this some more thought after knowing more information - It is possible that the Instrument panel is not seeing the proper communication from other modules and they are not recognizing that ignition is in run position - BCM is powermode master and determines which modules should be awake -I don't think its recognizing the key is in run position
Circuits of ignition switch required for starting vehicle are working but problem exists with other circuits.

I would suggest checking fuses 39, 23 and 47 in the rear fuse box for 12 volts on both sides of the fuse while engine is running and problem acting up. These are some of the fuses from 3 other circuits from Ignition switch that are not "hot" in start and run and are used by the BCM to determine which modules should be awake and what position the key is in.
If less than 12 volts on both sides of any of these fuses I would suspect a bad ignition switch

Alternatively -- If wipers and/or HVAC also not working I would also try a new ignition switch - If they are working it still does not rule out a bad switch -- then necessary to use voltmeter to check fuse 47 or 50 in rear fuse box

Best of luck and keep us informed - one of us will be able to help

Again welcome to the forum - please update your profile and consider joining and possible even attending an event.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
ksamson23, Listen to these guys and they will get you going! Meantime, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts