Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Happened to me too.

The same thing happened to me, I had less than 2,000 miles on my '05. I couldn't pull out the key and couldn't shift the automatic transmission because I couldn't push the shifter knob button down. The truck was sitting in the garage and I was sure if they dragged it out to load it on a flat-bed wrecker that the transmission would be damaged. However, the wrecker driver was a big, burly guy and he just popped that button down with little obvious effort (I think I may have been afraid to get rough with it). After that it was loaded and off to the dealership. Three days later I got it back and the cause was the ignition lock and theft guard had begun to come apart in the steering column. The dealer replaced it and all was OK.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Always ready to meet

Hey BobA, I would like to meet up somewhere. This is a small world, I used to live in Tulsa, plus I have a daughter that lives in Coppell, TX, probably not too far from that Cabela place. I had planned to come to Tulsa in a couple weeks to get your guy to dyno my SSR. Anytime / anywhere. Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.