Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Last Production Run SSR black/silver
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a 2006 that has been sitting for quite some time. I’m trying to get it going for him since he is out of the country.

As expected the battery was dead, so I replaced it and got it running. Drove it around a bit, put it through a much needed car wash, then back to his place.

Turned the car off to organize some things before parking it, when I returned here’s the series of events:

1) Put key in ignition, turned car on, lights, radio, all is working
2) foot on brake and turn ignition
3) “click” sound from engine
4) no start, car is dead, no electrics
5) key stuck in ignition, won’t come back to start position to remove
6) found this forum and searched similar issues
7) disconnected terminals from battery, waited and reconnected
8) electronics work again, but clicks and dies again when I try to turn it over, keys stuck again

Other posts I found all claimed a dead battery, which is not my issue.

Any ideas or other posts to reference?

much appreciated!

btw it’s a black/silver “last production run” 2006

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,460 Posts
Hey @Firetruck or @cincyssr
Does this sound familar?
I think i got a phone call about an SSR in Cincy with very similar symptoms.
@run faster i think you were there too and if my memory is correct, you had this same issue at a gas station a few years ago after installing a new battery. Not sure that last part could have been somebody else.

·
run faster
06 Pacific Blue 6speed FPR
370 Posts
Hey @Firetruck or @cincyssr
Does this sound familar?
I think i got a phone call about an SSR in Cincy with very similar symptoms.
@run faster i think you were there too and if my memory is correct, you had this same issue at a gas station a few years ago after installing a new battery. Not sure that last part could have been somebody else.
The problem was a loose connection at the negative battery connection.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,112 Posts
@Gibber, listen to these guys and don't assume anything--- meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Nick & Kathy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts