Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment in the morning at a dealer to have a actuator for the recirculate installed. I am now thinking that I might do it myself any advice?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,367 Posts
Have you already got a cost quote?!!? You might want to wait and read posts about that problem. Due to the HIGH cost of having it done, and difficulty of doing it yourself, some have just decided to leave it alone.

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I thought of the same thing, but I also have an oil pressure gauge problem. My oil pressure gauge the needle is just pointing straight down, I still have oil pressure but I would like to get it fixed. The dealer said that the actuator would be between four and six hundred.

·
Premium Member
19,710 Posts
The gauge is most likely a stepper motor gone bad if you fix that one you should do them all in the dash

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have planned on doing that. The dealer will give me a price and I will go from there. If it is too much I think I can do those myself.

·
Premium Member
19,710 Posts
Some one on this site does them you remove your dash send it to him and it comes back repaired like magic

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,426 Posts
Some one on this site does them you remove your dash send it to him and it comes back repaired like magic
Great suggestion, Marc . . . but it looks like MDean is very fortunate to be living in Mesa, Arizona.

He can probably stand on a chair and see Mike's (The Ultimate SSR Expert) Garage.

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,060 Posts
Yes I have planned on doing that. The dealer will give me a price and I will go from there. If it is too much I think I can do those myself.
Mike...... give me a call tomorrow before you spend a penny at the local shop. My house is about 20 minutes away from you.... We can change all the stepper motors in your instrument cluster for nearly nothing. I have a couple dozen of them in the drawer in my shop. Total time, start to finish is about an hour. The fan you have on order can be installed in about 10 minutes. Call me......

Mike
480-225-2123

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Mike...... give me a call tomorrow before you spend a penny at the local shop. My house is about 20 minutes away from you.... We can change all the stepper motors in your instrument cluster for nearly nothing. I have a couple dozen of them in the drawer in my shop. Total time, start to finish is about an hour. The fan you have on order can be installed in about 10 minutes. Call me......

Mike
This is such an awesome family to belong to!!!
And on a personal note: I wished I lived closer to Arizona!! :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just an up date the dealer had told me $400 to $600 to replace the actuator for the outside air to recirculate. After two hours of waiting for them to diagnose which actuator it was they gave the real number, $2,170.00. I said no thanks and came home.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
This is such an awesome family to belong to!!!
And on a personal note: I wished I lived closer to Arizona!! :laugh:
I do too, but for the time being I'm money ahead. If I was out near there, by now, Mike and his gang would have installed a super charger in my ride.:grin2:

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,884 Posts
Just an up date the dealer had told me $400 to $600 to replace the actuator for the outside air to recirculate. After two hours of waiting for them to diagnose which actuator it was they gave the real number, $2,170.00. I said no thanks and came home.
Damn. Did you tell them you wanted them to fix the truck and not put a down payment down on a new one ?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,026 Posts

Did they charge you for the diagnosis and estimate? I paid $85 dollars for testing on my wife's car one time because engine light came on. Turned out the gas cap was not on right with enough turns. Testing $85. Repair $0 took cap off and put it back on. Thank you very much. The old saying, time is money!!!

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,426 Posts
OUCH, MDean . . .

FYI . . . Many years ago a couple of Stepper Motors croaked on The Doophus and the Chevy Dealer down here replaced the entire system with a bill for about 1500 bucks. Their claim was they only replace the entire system, not just a Stepper Motor or two.

Hallelujah . . . GM Warranty paid in full.

Since then I've learned Stepper Motors run about FIVE BUCKS each.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts