Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few people that tend to send me important messages via a Profile post and not a Conversation. When they do that I do not get an email letting me know a new message is there in the Profile. Am I missing something that provides an email notification when someone posts in my profile? I cannot find it and it is goofing me up. I would rather everyone send me a Conversation so I can attend to their questions directly.

If there is no Profile notification can it be implemented? I see a few Xenforo forums that discussed this awhile back as being needed and a patch was made a few years ago.

If there is something I did not turn on to get messages please let me know......

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,868 Posts
Click on your icon in the upper right, click on Account Settings and preferences and you and select to receive emails when your post is quoted, you have a conversation or someone puts a @ in front of your name.
I shut mine off because I don't want a bunch of annoying emails to sort through.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I get notifications for all that, but I do not get notifications for the messages left in the Profile area. For instance, when you click your avatar and go to your main profile page, you will see "old guy" left a message for you back in 2019, and a few other as well. You probably did not know they sent anything unless you specifically went to your page and looked at it. It is something that Xenforo forum did not implement early on, not sure if they did in later versions, but I do know I cannot find anything to turn on so I can see when people leave me notes.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
42,580 Posts
Yup, I get notifications for all that, but I do not get notifications for the messages left in the Profile area. For instance, when you click your avatar and go to your main profile page, you will see "old guy" left a message for you back in 2019, and a few other as well. You probably did not know they sent anything unless you specifically went to your page and looked at it. It is something that Xenforo forum did not implement early on, not sure if they did in later versions, but I do know I cannot find anything to turn on so I can see when people leave me notes.
It's in your account settings under preferences. Here is a screen shot.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm, I see it and it is check marked, I just do not remember getting any messages. Someone drop a test message in the profile to see if it work please.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,546 Posts
I am glad I don't have any Idea what you guys are talking about and I want to keep it that way.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Test message posted on your profile.
Nope, waited over a half hour, nothing here. Notifications normally take about 5 minutes. Do you have it check marked? I can send one to you.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
287 Posts
OK to send me one. I sent a second one to you. Both appear on your profile page.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
42,580 Posts
Mine also has a "Push" with a box checked. What is Push???

Nick
A push notification is a message that pops up on a mobile device to get your attention so you don't miss something.

Reactions: nj6969

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK to send me one. I sent a second one to you. Both appear on your profile page.
Nope, I can see them posted but I never received a message. I cannot send one to you, you turned the function off. I see two messages there from last year from people but cannot leave one now.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
42,580 Posts
Nope, I can see them posted but I never received a message. I cannot send one to you, you turned the function off. I see two messages there from last year from people but cannot leave one now.
Try un-checking the box and re-check it and then save it again? I'm really not sure why it's not working for you.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
287 Posts
I received your profile post on my page, but I did not receive an email notification either.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try un-checking the box and re-check it and then save it again? I'm really not sure why it's not working for you.
@James Dean
I did, and sent you a Profile message last night. Since you have logged in today and have not responded I take it that you did NOT get the email notification about the test message?

I received your profile post on my page, but I did not receive an email notification either.
Yes, that is exactly how it fails with me as well.

@BlueStreak or @Administrator , can someone verify whether this suspected "issue" is supposed to work here or is being looked at for a future upgrade or not a planned operation here? If there is a button that can be set for the notification in a Users Profile I would think it should work. If it is not planned to work here can that check box be removed so users do not think it is supposed to work?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
42,580 Posts
@James Dean
I did, and sent you a Profile message last night. Since you have logged in today and have not responded I take it that you did NOT get the email notification about the test message?
I did get your message and a alert. I responded back to you with a reply from my profile but you must not have got it ???????

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, did not. I guess I will just lock everything down in the Profile area and make everyone post Conversations, that way I can at least get notifications. Thanks for the help

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
42,580 Posts
No, did not. I guess I will just lock everything down in the Profile area and make everyone post Conversations, that way I can at least get notifications. Thanks for the help
:unsure:Sorry that didn't work if I think of something I will let you know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts