Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week at the Ohio gathering, I was embarrassed when I opened the hood and those pesty water spots were all over the place. Clean everything up today with dilution of CLR and water. Cleaned everything off with acetone and now I'm going to put Mother's Billet Metal polish. Question to you. How many times do you wash and clean your microfiber towels and application pads?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I buy the small 12x12 from Harbor Freight when they go on sale and use them for dirty work like Mothers and toss then when I am done with them. I also do the same if using them for putting on wax. I don't think you can get the wax or mother's out of them so easier to toss and use new.
That engine compartment is ridiculous!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get those Silicone hoses. Hope to have them on when we come up.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, SWT RYD it's been a few months, but I finally got my cold air intake on. It is very hard when you can only stand for about 60 min. at a time, and my left hand does not do what I want it to do. All because of a stroke I had a few years ago. I finished up today, thanks for the information on it.

Thank You,
Mike
Glad you got it done. Post pictures.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I like your intake system as well. Where did you buy the parts that make up?? I found one on line that is for a 2001-2004 Corvette 5.7l but the Shields are not included and not sure if the diameter at the connection
Do a search for Cold air intake. Find this post. For some reason my phone won't link it.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Didn't
Thx for the reply and old thread info. Interesting info and other than this looks really cool I wonder about some of the lack of performance claims some have experienced. The kit i found was for a Corvette of same year as my SSR
and only $70 with filters. Cheap bling but don't want to hurt performance
didn't effect my performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts