Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a spare ignition switch and 4 tranmission linkage repair kit from "the dicktator" should anyone from the northeast have an emergency.

·
Was WILDBILLandRED
846 Posts
spare parts

I have the original fan and soon will have spare wheels/tires.
Its good to have a n inventory of area good will.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I purchased a spare ignition switch and tranmission linkage repair kit from "the dicktator" should anyone from the northeast have an emergency.
I have a spare ignition switch as well but was not aware of a transmission linkage issue. Is it for six spd. or automatics and is it applicable to all or specific year SSRs?

·
Was WILDBILLandRED
846 Posts
I have a spare ignition switch as well but was not aware of a transmission linkage issue. Is it for six spd. or automatics and is it applicable to all or specific year SSRs?

I just had my Automatic tranny rebuilt. The 2/4 band was burned out.
From my understanding, this is a common problem. Im not sure about the later model SSRs. They put a few cheap parts in so it shifts smoother,.. but it ground down the bands in the process.

It cost me over $2000,.. but it was worth it,.. a local guy rebuilt it with advice from Greg Ducato. It Runs AWESOME now,.. better gas milage AND more power.

·
Was WILDBILLandRED
846 Posts
the repair kit is for automatics
there is a how to on it here
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/shift-repair-kit-revision-53874/

i have the ignition and linkage in my glovebox

Greg just redid my tranny and i saw the part and mine is in great shape so far
If anyone hasnt done this yet, ,.. I would suggest changing the easy parts right away... I waited too long and burnned the bands right out.
I had the whole tranny beefed up,.. changed the bands and barrel to high performance, a beefier planetary, progressive shift kit, changed the valves from plastic to aluminium and a few more tweaks.
Sometimes a minor problem is just and excuse to customize :glol

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,190 Posts
Shift Cable Repair Kit Pictures.

Best $5.00 + $2.00 mailing you can spend for piece of mind, in my opinion

Dicktator

1. Top is OEM pin and neoprene that holds cable on shift arm, only 3" from Catalytic Converter, cooks the neoprene, crumbles and falls out.
Lower is S/S repair part.
2. Cable/Shift Arm
3. Repair kit pressed into cable w/nylon bushing on kit to protect cable from wear.
4. Tighten lock nut, back off one turn.
5. Install complete.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,190 Posts
Also when I have my R tuned by Jeremy, we changed the shift patterns, making them quicker to avoid slipping bands. Extends the tranny life.

I also switched to Amsoil in my transmission which runs about 5-10 degrees cooler.

Dicktator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts