Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I don't go in there!

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • What is the "SMOT" forum?

Votes: 2 4.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Get rid of it. Just today there was a post the president of the US "should be taken out".
Do we really need the secret service investigating an SSR site?
Inciting the folks, are ya??

Do you think you might have taken the statement just a bit out of context, seeing as about 46% of your country would like to see him out? I seriously doubt that any of them meant anything more than voting him out of office.

Really stupid statement to have made, but not unexpected.

I think we did this once and it was decided that SMOT was the way to handle the situation. The fact that this survey is not posted in SMOT is bringing attention to it and making this thread get a bit political. I think that those who want to have that place to talk Politic or other touchy subjects should be allowed there freedom but the general audience or non supporting members and guests should not be subjected to it. Hopefully we are all adults and can decide to partake or not. I say keep it and think it will be more trouble for everyone if it goes away. Though I do not go there often I will excercise my right to vote.

Do you think you might have taken the statement just a bit out of context, seeing as about 46% of your country would like to see him out? I seriously doubt that any of them meant anything more than voting him out of office.

You can pretend if you want to Flasher, but the author of that post made his point. Just like the fools in crowds calling for harm to the POTUS. It's not being misconstrued or taken out of context. You cant make a foolish or stupid statement like that and then insult the intelligence of others by saying that it was "taken out of context". That's why everyone doesn't deserve a computer with Internet access.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Remember, SMOT used to be more off color jokes and funny stuff like that when it was started.

The folks complaining about the politics seem to be participating in the political threads. I find that very confusing. Again dont go there if you dont like it. I very rarely comment on the political crap, I read a little bit of it but mostly find the arguing unappealing. But I dont bitch about it if I chose to go there.

Atta girl!

Besides I don't know where else I could post my tacky little jokes!:blush-anim-cl: I thought that is what SMOT was for.. I try NOT to comment on the political stuff anyway as I am Canadian...think there's an ad with something like that in it.:cheers

If theres a thread discussing say ..tires, and I already bought my tires....I don't read that thread. BUT if theres one just tooooo juicy to pass up and I tap on it and read it , guess what? I take responsibility for my actions. I made the choice...I read it...if I participate, I make that choice too! If ya don't wanna hear it (read it) don't go there:nono...if you can't help yourself...that's your own sick little secret:blush-anim-cl:...don't make those of us who enjoy it suffer cuz you can't stop yourself....DUMBASS:glol.:ssr:bwekk:

I don't post in the smot, but I do skim thru it from time to time, I think we are all grown ups here, so if it's something that might offend ..... Don't open it, simple as that ....after all it is a free country ... Countries. We are entitled to our opinions !! Just my opinion. Guess I'm no help, but I do love the family feeling on this forum.

If theres a thread discussing say ..tires, and I already bought my tires....I don't read that thread. BUT if theres one just tooooo juicy to pass up and I tap on it and read it , guess what? I take responsibility for my actions. I made the choice...I read it...if I participate, I make that choice too! If ya don't wanna hear it (read it) don't go there:nono...if you can't help yourself...that's your own sick little secret:blush-anim-cl:...don't make those of us who enjoy it suffer cuz you can't stop yourself....DUMBASS:glol.:ssr:bwekk:
Love ya Beth!:glol:glol

Remember, SMOT used to be more off color jokes and funny stuff like that when it was started.

The folks complaining about the politics seem to be participating in the political threads. I find that very confusing. Again dont go there if you dont like it. I very rarely comment on the political crap, I read a little bit of it but mostly find the arguing unappealing. But I dont bitch about it if I chose to go there.
Yep!:)

Besides I don't know where else I could post my tacky little jokes!:blush-anim-cl: I thought that is what SMOT was for.. I try NOT to comment on the political stuff anyway as I am Canadian...think there's an ad with something like that in it.:cheers
I love our Canadian Buddy's. You join in any time you feel like jump'n.:)

I've grown to expect this.:glol

"That's why everyone doesn't deserve a computer with Internet access.
There you go, deciding who should be allowed to post anything and who shouldn't be allowed. And what are you going to do when you can't call everyone a loser because they don't agree with you? Or make a stupid comment to someone dying of cancer about living with whats going on or moving to Mexico?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I say keep SMOT, but limit rebuttals to comments about your own beliefs without antagonizing people by calling them names, or harassing them.

Whooooaaa Nellie!!!

Comprehending what you read is important. Otherwise a person, may be Maligning someone. Glad you read the post for yourself.:glol No one was nuts.:)
No One Was Nuts??? Lets just not forget who we are here now!!! I know I ain't been around awhile but lets just face da facts...we all a little bit...nuts, screwy, off kilter, whomp sided, er sompin!:glol

Wait a minute...what were ya'll talkin about???

Way to go, Beth . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED.

! :willy: ! :banghead ! :willy: ! :banghead ! :willy: !

Supporting Member Off Topic (SMOT)
Private Forum for Supporting Members Only. Off-Topic Only!.

I have only been here for a little over 4 years but I thought the area was created specifically for the purpose stated by the title. It isn't suppose to have SSR stuff there.

Nice debate but it is about removing something that is obviously quite active and only for supporting members. Based on Posts and Thread counts it is more than twice as active as the "Performance" area. I am not sure if I have posted there but I have read some great jokes.

How about looking into an ability to create an option (toggle button) to hide the area if one so chooses?

:flag:grouphug:flag

This touches on one of the multiple aspects of this nonsense. It is no surprise that some here lack sense enough to refrain from reading what they claim they have no interest in. But for you dumb clucks who don't want to read it but can't help yourselves -- and then of course conclude the solution is to insist on censorship of those who post what you are simply too ignorant to keep your eyeballs off of -- you folks best cluck into a mirror so you may at least cluck at one in need of de-clucking.

Beth the clucks do not care if others suffer, they just want "those people" (everyone who does not think as they do) to shut up and go away. Thanks for the post above, your failure to cooperate is admirable.

There are more levels to the putrid pile of mental defect that culminated in this poll, though it is a good bet readers get the gist. Personally could care less if SMOT grows or goes. Do find it annoying that the clique o' thought thuggery has grown to include select moderators... I mean censors. So I have cast a vote to keep it. And those who would demand it of others yet consider their own willpower to be optional?

One would hope they read SMOT until their eyes deliquesce :sunce:

Kinda like; to Bump or not to Bump. Thats is the question.:glol:glol Freedom of Speech? Which way did it go?:)

Yep... and it's even more like freedom to think and act! I don't need someone to outlaw giant sodas and texting whilst walking... :cigareta:

SMOT... don't need it to disappear if I don't want to participate...

Less government! (my new mantra!)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.