Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Just got back from the run to Pittsburgh. My SSR looked terrible with all that salt and chemical garbage on it, but really, all the stuff just would not fit into the mini cooper! Had a ball drivin around in the snow. No leaks in the bed at all. Found a good truck wash on top of the hill at Breezewood with those hose type rinsers (no touch stuff). Definately helped the appearance of the SSR after all that salt garbage. Couple of interesting lessons though:

1-When you press seek on the radio, the stations show up as "Names" on the radio such as "The Coast", etc. Pretty cool. Gonna have to play with those traf buttons and such so I can see why some stations show up with info. and names and others don't.
2-Got a couple of nice rock chips on the glorious Penn. Turnpike...Highway from hell for sure! Went to several dealers up there and could not get any toSuch up paint. gonna have to get it here in VB. Most of the dealers in Pitt want at least 5K over.
3-SSR handled great in the snow and ice! Surpise to me!
4-Listened to the new ZZTop CD set "Chrome, Smoke, and BARBQ!!! Wow!! I think that CD set was custom made for the SSR. I listened to it the whole time. Awesome tunes!!!!! True hell raisin, beer drinking, Amercan Muscle Car music man! Of course, I did the beer drinking after driving....

All in all, on a long trip, ride was very comfy, surprisingly effortless, and a lot of fun. This truck is a great long haul cruiser for sure! And that rear bed/trunk or whatever ya'll wanna call it can hold a lot more than you think.

Think I will spend the next few months reading about tips and tricks for airbrushing autos and get the nerve to scratch her up this spring and put some paint on her!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:cry OOOPPPssss...one question.... in that freezing weather up north, the washer nozzles froze up and never worked again. Any thoughts on how to get em spraying again? If not, goin in for an oil change next week and they can handle it then.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Frozen stuff

I also had a freezing problem. One morning I went to get in and the windows did not go down the 1/4" when opening the door. It made opening the door a little difficult. I had to wait until I heated the truck to unfreeze the window, roll it down, close the door (didn't want close the door onto the outside of the seal, which was frozen too), and then roll it back up. :(

But everything is ok now. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts