Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get some ideas about lighting under the hood. Around the fenders and under the engine shroud. What has worked for you. I've seen some good kits at Pep Boys. any issues with the heat as far as the lights Falling Down Under the shroud. I'd like to go with my lights flashing different colors. Any ideas would appreciate it thanks, Robert

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Harbor Freight

I added two battery powered LED lights from Harbor freight to the engine bay. They have strong magnets on the back side to secure their position. I put mine on both sides of where the hood connects to the hood lock. More than enough light with two AND you can use them on the tailgate in the EMERGENCY Flashing mode. I also used them under the cargo cover to provide more light. AND they come in RED or Blue, SORRY NO YELLOW!

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,642 Posts
Want to get some ideas about lighting under the hood. Around the fenders and under the engine shroud. What has worked for you. I've seen some good kits at Pep Boys. any issues with the heat as far as the lights Falling Down Under the shroud. I'd like to go with my lights flashing different colors. Any ideas would appreciate it thanks, Robert
You can try the off road world, rock lights come in many colours and styles. Most of them mount with a very strong magnet, put them anywhere and have long wires and are LED. I have the sylvania led strip lighting from Costco on my Motorhome under my awning, it’s remote controlled and has 5-6 colour choices as well as patterns, those are stick on, I wired mine to a storage cubbie and use the remote, so it’s always “on”

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but I'm talking about the LED light strips that have different colors that makes it look sexy.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,877 Posts
I have Type S strip lighting under my SSR. Type S is the brand name. You can change colors and patterns from an app on your phone. It can be located under the hood or any other place on the vehicle. I chose just to do the underside for now but can add more later I think I purchased at AutoZone

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,358 Posts
Robert, you might want to PM Mike, a.k.a. Dragon2U.

He's an LED genius. He's made a couple of custom LED features for my R & they were of the very highest quality. You won't be disappointed. - :smile2:

================
David :black:

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,430 Posts
I have led lights under running boards and just received my next set for under the hood. 4 strips on running boards, and have 8 total for under but I'll probably only use four. Grand total for all lights about fifty bucks. 8 color options, fading, dance to music, all with remote! Hard wiring though your on your own, they come with cigarette lighter end and I wanted hard wired. Running board lights are wired into fog lamps and gonna use a toggle switch for under hood. I'd post a link if I knew how. Pm me if you want more info, pictures, etc..

Attachments

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,430 Posts
Now I'm thinking how you were zeroed in on by that drone. Those led lights running alongside your running boards were mistaken for runway lights! lol

Dave
Hadn't thought of that.....hmmmm....shouldn't anyone with racing stripes have planes landing on them all the time then?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts