Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 302 Posts

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,813 Posts
Engine Cover Insert:

This is my latest addition. Once again it's tricky to take a photo of the purple insert and cover - different angles show from purple to blue. But the top of the insert is chrome and also shows up rather strange in a picture because of the reflection. Oh well, you'll just have to see it in person :lol I have a lot of shiny parts that will be added under the hood in the near future. :willy: :D
Sandy:

Your engine cover insert look great! Looks like it is piece of bright chromed sheet metal or plastic that wraps around the existing "SSR" letters, right?

What you need is a set of the engine bay fluid caps available from "Dragon2U". They are very nice!

Alex

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,258 Posts
Sandy:

Your engine cover insert look great! Looks like it is piece of bright chromed sheet metal or plastic that wraps around the existing "SSR" letters, right?

What you need is a set of the engine bay fluid caps available from "Dragon2U". They are very nice!

Alex
Great to hear all the compliments, keep them comin' :lol
The chrome "top" is a decal from SonnyB. He had some samples that were half lengths but I thought the whole top flat portion would look cooler chromed. So as you can see the curve sides of the insert still show purple.
So now I have three inserts - the original satin, this new U.V. with chrome top, and a stock U.V. For whenever a different mood strikes me!

Alex, I'm already onto Mike about the billet caps. I'm presently on hold until the manufacturing getting into full steam ahead :cool

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,187 Posts
Just gettin started

Here's a few of the covers I'm working on for a fella here in town.

Have a few more colors to apply.

Think patriotic:rolleyes:

Oh and one of something in the works:reddevil

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm really pleased with this thread. Lots of creativity here! Keep up the good work everyone :thumbs

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,813 Posts
Engine Covers:

Fuzzy:

NICE work! I particularly like the good looking job that you did on the cut-outs on the air filter box cover.

SSR290:

Again, VERY nice painted engine cover! Painted engine covers make such a difference over the stock black plastic. Even if you do no more than get it painted to match the color of your truck, as I did, it's a BIG difference. Probably the most cost effective "appearance mod" that one can do under the hood.

MauiMike:

Yes, this is turning out to be a very good thread. This is what I've been advocating all along, fewer threads, but nice, consolidated ones packed with info and photos on specific topics like this one.:thumbs

Alex

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Here are the engine compartment pieces painted in Redline, bright white Pearl, and cobalt blue Kandy.
Color combo looks great! :thumbs Is that a custom made insert? It looks like it has ribs in it and the large bowtie looks raised.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,187 Posts
Custom insert?

Color combo looks great! :thumbs Is that a custom made insert? It looks like it has ribs in it and the large bowtie looks raised.
Yes Bagger it is custom made.

I hand rolled and formed (hammer and dolly block) a piece of Aluminum. Then bead rolled a few raised ribs and a chevy emblem.

·
Clogger fan
36,688 Posts
The slingshot Yellow portion still lacks the SSR detailing and??????
Beautiful. Real artwork
Here are the engine compartment pieces painted in Redline, bright white Pearl, and cobalt blue Kandy.
I feel like standing and saluting. Real nice

·
Certified SSR "Nutcase"
1,813 Posts
Fuzzy:

Great work! Now that's an engine cover!

But, hey, come on now, you have to "can" the decal. It does not belong on your FINE work. Besides you did do away with the 2 decals on the shroud below the air filter box.

Alex

41 - 60 of 302 Posts
About this Discussion
301 Replies
116 Participants
Trygodfirst
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing