Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 302 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,187 Posts
Time

AWSOME ....HOW LONG IT TOOK, ....BODY SHOP HAS HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW .............,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:smash

Mike.

Total time involved has been about 16 hours including the custom insert.

That doesn't include drying time between layers. (plastic primer. sandable primer,sealer color, intercoat clear, graphic colors, and more clear) Had the cover for about two weeks. Part of that was coming up with a design that suited my tatstes. Drawing designs laying tape and if I don't like it tear it off and start over.

I you had a design or just plain color it should only take three maybe four days. Including dry time.

·
5,187 Posts
Day one

And one peice completed:cool

Wildcatt, I THINK YOU'RE GONNA LUV THIS INSERT.:willy:

Get ready!!:lurk

Are you EXCITED YET?:eek :willy: :willy:

Here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers

Attachments

·
5,187 Posts
Day two

And part two completed.

This is done on an original cover leaving the SSR normal and just adding the pin up girl/ twin six shooters.

Pic doesn't show the detail in the artwork, but you will definately see it in person.

And a shot of the cover getting started.

Attachments

·
5,187 Posts
Cover completed

Well, except for the clearcoat.

Since Machell is from Texas, I figured this would be appropriate on the sides of the engine cover.

For all you Texans, make sure you stand and salute when you see this.

The last two show the choices Machell has for the insert. One standard insert w/ a Susie and her twin Six shooters standing atop the SSR logo, the other Sexy Susie in a black neglagae stradling a wild tiger rug. and he looks happy to be there

Attachments

61 - 80 of 302 Posts
About this Discussion
301 Replies
116 Participants
Trygodfirst
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing