Chevy SSR Forum banner

Engine Covers & Inserts

84K views 301 replies 114 participants last post by  Trygodfirst 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been gathering photos, as they are posted, of all the great ideas for engine covers & inserts. Thought I'd start a thread, you guys help me fill in the missing info please. I'll edit any errors I may have made. Keep the ideas coming and feel free to post any that I have missed!

#1 & 2 FLASSH
#3,4 & 5 Anne, WaySouth6Speed

Attachments

See less See more
#119 ·
Doc's flamed engine cover!

My custom painter guy just emailed me a camera phone picture of the engine cover he's just finishing up for me. He painted the fuse box cover also but in just plain yellow. I'll have to get the outside of the SSR done up in the same type of flames!

Mike asked me to post the photo, so here it is. I'll try to get a better one once it's installed.

Yellow Auto part

:yellow: :seeya

#120 ·
My custom painter guy just emailed me a camera phone picture of the engine cover he's just finishing up for me. He painted the fuse box cover also but in just plain yellow. I'll have to get the outside of the SSR done up in the same type of flames!

Mike asked me to post the photo, so here it is. I'll try to get a better one once it's installed.
View attachment 29678
Doc..beautiful. Are you using an insert with that?. Will look great with or without.
Matching body flames? YES :thumbs

#125 ·
I need to post this under this thread. Wildcat so graciously left this for me after the Maggie Valley run. It was painted by our own Fuzzy! It was intended for her SSR but after I slobbered all over it, she left it with me. (as a surprise, she left in her room and my housekeeper found it on the bed and brought it to me). :angel
I havent tried it on my SSR yet but I will as soon as I find time to give the engine a good cleaning.

Attachments

#130 ·
Doc's flamed engine cover... installed!

I picked up my custom painted flamed engine cover and yellow painted fuse box cover today. Of course, I had to take it for a cruise and go show it off to some of the locals. Everyone loves it! I really think it turned out nice. Tommy at Anderson Bros. Auto Body does some fantastic work. He's going to do the front of the SSR and up to about the middle of the doors. But, we get so little summer here in the Northern Plains that I think I'll turn it into a winter project. He can take it come fall and keep it until spring.

Check this out!

(Click icons to enlarge):

Yellow Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Auto part

Engine Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Car

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive engine part

#131 ·
Engine Cover:

I picked up my custom painted flamed engine cover and yellow painted fuse box cover today. Of course, I had to take it for a cruise and go show it off to some of the locals. Everyone loves it! I really think it turned out nice. Tommy at Anderson Bros. Auto Body does some fantastic work. He's going to do the front of the SSR and up to about the middle of the doors. But, we get so little summer here in the Northern Plains that I think I'll turn it into a winter project. He can take it come fall and keep it until spring.

Check this out!

(Click icons to enlarge):

View attachment 29898

View attachment 29899

View attachment 29900

Doc:

Your "flamed out" engine cover looks great! As I've said before, I think getting the stock black engine cover painted like you did or even as simple as merely matching the color of the truck, is the nicest, biggest impact item for looks that one can add under the hood.:cool

Alex

#137 ·
What a great thread...I got a lot of ideas too. :thumbs A guy who does Motorcycles is going to do mine as the auto body shops wanted to keep it for a month to 6 weeks!? I was told of a Gypsy artist that does bikes and other small touches that hangs out a a local sports bar. I'll post when done.

#139 ·
My New Engine Cover

I just recently purchased a GR Customs Engine Cover for my Silver '05. When I went to install it and tighten the cover bolts down, the two front bolts that hold the adaptor plate on hit the cover and put some dimples on it, so I added (super-glued) a couple of spacers (flat washers) to the adaptor plate where the front center bolt holds the cover. After that it was okay.

Attachments

#143 ·
I just recently purchased a GR Customs Engine Cover for my Silver '05. When I went to install it and tighten the cover bolts down, the two front bolts that hold the adaptor plate on hit the cover and put some dimples on it, so I added (super-glued) a couple of spacers (flat washers) to the adaptor plate where the front center bolt holds the cover. After that it was okay.
Looks real nice....especially with the air box facing. Nice combo

#142 ·
Parts Stash - Engine covers, Hood Bar, License Plate Bracket.

I have been working on this for a while now, and finally got clearance to be able to sell off some plastic parts that have been in hiding.

I am looking to see how much interest there is in the following parts and prices:

5.3L Engine covers – These are the parts that everyone is painting up…. Get another one for your next beautification project, or just a spare to put it back to stock. $100 (w/free shipping).

CHEVROLET hood bar – This is the Chevrolet emblem on the front of the hood. These pieces do not have the final finish on them…. They would be great to paint up just to be different. $75 (w/free shipping).

Front License Plate bracket – They must have just installed these in states where both front and rear plates are required. It is a black plastic mount ready to install, and put on your own custom plate. $30 (w/free shipping).

Please post, or PM me if there is any interest, I will get parts together and start shipping.

I will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise if anyone would like to pick them up in person.

Headed out for Woodward now!! See ya all next week.
Keith
(TuffSSR)
:yellow: :seeya

#154 · (Edited)
The one that mike posted has gone from painted satin silver, to painterd red to the chrome plated one I just posted. You can ship your stock cover to C V Platers and they will chrome it, I don't know if anyone is selling them. I have added the "Chevrolet" Chrome script, but its not in the pictures. Here it is.

www.cvvacuumplaters.com

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.