Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this job, but I saw yesterday a Youtube video giving step by step instructions, and made it seem a whole lot easier. I found this informative, and well done. Hope you enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
Good video!
After the first couple minutes it is fast paced, not like some guys that drone on repetitiously

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
No, just home done youtubes in general - some people just love to hear themselves talk about nothing.
This one is fast paced and he does a good job of managing his cadence - it is not a boring video to watch.
As well, it is informative - I think most of us worry about electrical issues.

Mind you, with the SSR, the trick is to not let the engine bay get dirty in the first place.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
No, just home done youtubes in general - some people just love to hear themselves talk about nothing.
This one is fast paced and he does a good job of managing his cadence - it is not a boring video to watch.
As well, it is informative - I think most of us worry about electrical issues.
I agree, I thought I'd watch a couple minutes just to see what it covered but watched the whole thing.
He covered all the concerns I would have about how to work around the electrics/electronics.
Mind you, with the SSR, the trick is to not let the engine bay get dirty in the first place.
Yes, dust the mantel/trophy case more often. :shades:

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Wonderful Thanks

One of the overlooked aspects of prepping a car for sale by a owner is the engine compartment. :grin2: You can improve the odds of a quick sale by taking the time to do this. Gives the impression of a well maintained car. GREAT video THANKS

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,004 Posts
Thanks for posting.

ChrisFix YouTube videos are generally pretty good stuff. No nonsense with clear explanations/instructions. I’ve watched quite a few over the years. His video on brake bleeding video convinced me to make my own one person bleeder vs. fighting with leaking power bleeders.

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
I agree, I thought I'd watch a couple minutes just to see what it covered but watched the whole thing.
He covered all the concerns I would have about how to work around the electrics/electronics.

Yes, dust the mantel/trophy case more often. :shades:
You don't need to be a trophy hunter to take pride and show your SSR some love.
I wipe down Kate's engine bay "almost" every time she is washed.
Even though she is a fair-weather 3 or 4 times a week driver her engine bay is always close to showroom clean

I would rather take a few minutes every time rather than be embarrassed to raise the hood.
I don't care what vehicle, letting an engine bay get to look like the subjects of the video is a negligent owner.

I watched this video because I have to deal with a messy engine bay in an old S10 I recently bought for winter driving and property maintenance.
It might only be a $1000 truck but it deserved better than what previous owners have shown it.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Hey CASH, Hold on a minute, I might put a little WAX on KATES body, But no way AM I going to spruce up her engine?????????? See ya In Pentiction. Donny Two Shoes

·
Super Moderator
13,930 Posts
Hey CASH, Hold on a minute, I might put a little WAX on KATES body, But no way AM I going to spruce up her engine?????????? See ya In Pentiction. Donny Two Shoes
I don't need any engine bay assistance but you Such a Good Waxer!! :thumbs
I forget where you left off though - start fresh is the only logical solution I see

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
darbysan I found the video to be very helpful. Of course I'm only 77 so I have a longer attention span than my "older" Fanatic Friends. It's that time of year for me to do the job on Slick again and I appreciated the tips. Thanks for posting the video!

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
HEY CASH, Do you want the number one wax treatment again this year.A soapy BRILLO PAD to give the paint a grainy look, Or??????????? Actually I thought the R looked kinda good from a block away, At midnight. Donny Two Shoes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts