Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the middle of swapping an LS376 into an 03 and I’m trying to find some info on the stock harness connections on the truck side. Does anyone know where I could get that info?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
CypherDesign, :agree get Dinerman's thumb drive, not only for that but future info.---and----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", click "New Member section", click "Post New Thread" and introduce Yourself!!

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

And keep us posted on your project.

Nick & Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
I would suspect the 5.3 hook up in the original 03 SSR would be a complete different configuration then the LS3 motor set up and he would have to improvise in a lot of areas to make it all work. Just guessing. Needs to talk to the Twin Turbo Guy as he has installed different engine setups I believe and he gets them to work. Had a friend that just put an LS3 in a older Camaro and it was a nightmare to get it to start and run properly but it can be done. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need the service manuals, they describe the connectors in detail. Your best bet is getting Dinerman's Ultimate Drive. It has all the manuals +.
Will look into that, thanks!

I would suspect the 5.3 hook up in the original 03 SSR would be a complete different configuration then the LS3 motor set up and he would have to improvise in a lot of areas to make it all work. Just guessing. Needs to talk to the Twin Turbo Guy as he has installed different engine setups I believe and he gets them to work. Had a friend that just put an LS3 in a older Camaro and it was a nightmare to get it to start and run properly but it can be done. Good luck.
We’re using a stand alone harness. I’m just looking for the ac & lan wiring.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I am not sure what exactly you need
Here are 3 for the HVAC system and one for the data link. I am thinking that when you said LAN you were wanting Local Area Network.
I might be able to help additionally if you give more detail
(I will be away from a wiring diagram resource until tomorrow)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure what exactly you need
Here are 3 for the HVAC system and one for the data link. I am thinking that when you said LAN you were wanting Local Area Network.
I might be able to help additionally if you give more detail
(I will be away from a wiring diagram resource until tomorrow)
Very helpful, thanks! The GM performance harness has a 2-wire output for GMLAN communications. My hope was to use that for communication with the stock gauge cluster. Other than that all I really need is the ignition signal for on & start, alternator voltage wire and ac compressor. I was hoping to find a diagram for the actual harness connectors but I think I can find what I need now that I have the wire colors. I’m not sure if it’s just my phone but is that last one for the lan blurry?

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Yes downloading and looking on a 24 inch monitor it's a little blurry.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Very helpful, thanks! The GM performance harness has a 2-wire output for GMLAN communications. My hope was to use that for communication with the stock gauge cluster. Other than that all I really need is the ignition signal for on & start, alternator voltage wire and ac compressor. I was hoping to find a diagram for the actual harness connectors but I think I can find what I need now that I have the wire colors. I’m not sure if it’s just my phone but is that last one for the lan blurry?
I am not sure why it is blurry here is another file.

The 03 and 04 used only the GM class 2 data line (pin 2 on DLC) the 05 and 06 had GM CAN. THis is a two wire twisted pair and is pins 6 and 14 on the DLC.
I have attached a communication bus for the 06 SSR.

I would not use the ignition switch for the start and run signals -- the ignition switch is prone to failure and adding more current though it would only make matter worse. The current setup for start and run - the ignition switch sends signals to the BCM to command other modules to wake up and also send s a start (crank request).

I provided the pin out connectors for an 05 to someone on a previous thread
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/need-ecm-tcm-pinouts-247329/
Is this what you are looking for maybe for an 03? It took a while to gather all of these so I don't want to do it if it not what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure why it is blurry here is another file.

The 03 and 04 used only the GM class 2 data line (pin 2 on DLC) the 05 and 06 had GM CAN. THis is a two wire twisted pair and is pins 6 and 14 on the DLC.
I have attached a communication bus for the 06 SSR.

I would not use the ignition switch for the start and run signals -- the ignition switch is prone to failure and adding more current though it would only make matter worse. The current setup for start and run - the ignition switch sends signals to the BCM to command other modules to wake up and also send s a start (crank request).

I provided the pin out connectors for an 05 to someone on a previous thread
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/need-ecm-tcm-pinouts-247329/
Is this what you are looking for maybe for an 03? It took a while to gather all of these so I don't want to do it if it not what you need.
I only need the two pinout connectors from the engine harness to the truck. Both are right by the brake booster. The larger one is connected to another harness and the other goes to what looks like possibly the bcm.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I only need the two pinout connectors from the engine harness to the truck. Both are right by the brake booster. The larger one is connected to another harness and the other goes to what looks like possibly the bcm.
I am not sure which connector numbers - harness view shows only one, C100 (personally know there is a second one) so I went to master list - I think second one is C105.
I also went ahead and copied the PCM connectors (this is what you see under the hood, the BCM is in the waterfall)

Pictures on this post
Harness view
Connector master list
C100 part 1
C100 part 2
C105

PCM connectors on next post

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One more!

PCM C2 part3
Thanks so much! I have one last question, on the fan harness there is power for high and low speed, are these both powered when on high speed? My harness only has one fan power so I’m just going to run it on high speed but want to make sure I wire it right.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Thanks so much! I have one last question, on the fan harness there is power for high and low speed, are these both powered when on high speed? My harness only has one fan power so I’m just going to run it on high speed but want to make sure I wire it right.
If you wire it to high speed only it will come on much later which depending on programming it might result in higher engine temp and higher AC pressures.
So running to high speed would probably be ok - If you DO NOT utilize factory SSR Settings

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you wire it to high speed only it will come on much later which depending on programming it might result in higher engine temp and higher AC pressures.
So running to high speed would probably be ok - If you DO NOT utilize factory SSR Settings
We’re using a gm performance harness & computer with its own fan control. So it will come on at normal temps but will be high speed while on. Do you know which wire is high?

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
We’re using a gm performance harness & computer with its own fan control. So it will come on at normal temps but will be high speed while on. Do you know which wire is high?
I assume you are talking about which wire from the PCM connectors?
Low speed fan control == C1 pin 42
High speed fan control -- C2 pin 33
Are you also using the SSR fuse/relay box?
I have attached the 04 Cooling fan diagram to help

EDIT __ ADDED
Let me know if you need connector views or locations for any shown in this diagram

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I assume you are talking about which wire from the PCM connectors?
Low speed fan control == C1 pin 42
High speed fan control -- C2 pin 33
Are you also using the SSR fuse/relay box?
I have attached the 04 Cooling fan diagram to help

EDIT __ ADDED
Let me know if you need connector views or locations for any shown in this diagram
No on the fan itself. The gmp harness has its own fuse box/relays for fan and fuel pump control. From the diagram it looks like only one of the two (high/low) wires is powered for each setting. What I really need is the fan connector diagram to see which wire is high speed.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
No on the fan itself. The gmp harness has its own fuse box/relays for fan and fuel pump control. From the diagram it looks like only one of the two (high/low) wires is powered for each setting. What I really need is the fan connector diagram to see which wire is high speed.
The PCM actually grounds the relay to turn it on. The wiring diagram shows the connector terminal letters and colors for each of the separate power wires. Sorry, I didn't write them down and forgot which was which while trying to use new phone to reply. Let me know if you need more.
EDIT, Gray is power for high speed. Light blue for low speed power. Black is ground for both speed

1 - 20 of 56 Posts