Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 1SB SSR but I noticed the engine insert is not body color. The truck is Ultra Violet but the insert is gray. Did we get hosed? I did not think to check it when we took delivery and can't remember right now if it is supposed to be body color or not.

Thanks,

Diggs

S

·
0 Posts
Mine is also Ultra and the cover is black with a brushed silver insert that has SSR logo on it. I will be happy to post a pic if you want to see it.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
engine insert

I think that all the engine covers are black. The 25 signature series trucks had a body colored engine cover. My 1SA does not have the insert but a buddy is making one out of polished aluminum. Haven't gotten it yet...its only been 2 months. :flag

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Engine Cover Insert

The 1SB option provides for a Satin Chrome engine cover insert.

The 1SA does not come with an engine cover insert.

I ordered my SSR without this option for several reasons, one having information on the problems with several of the items included in the package.

The body color insert is to be an option on a 2004 model. It comes in a package "Body Color Accent Package". It is not yet available, but will probably be on a limited constraint like the chrome wheels.

If you know where to look you can get a Colored Insert like this on my SSR:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
WAYNESWORLD said:
I think that all the engine covers are black. The 25 signature series trucks had a body colored engine cover. My 1SA does not have the insert but a buddy is making one out of polished aluminum. Haven't gotten it yet...its only been 2 months. :flag
What does the 1SA engine look like with out the cover? Any pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts