Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with my Camaro with a 6.0 LS 2 out of a 2006 GTO, code says misfire, it runs rough, no power at higher rpms and comes and goes. I checked all spark with an inline spark tester and it looks good, put in fuel injector cleaner and still have problem. Any of you had this problem with your LS2, I know not an SSR but should be same engine. All help appreciated. Fuel injector problem? Thanks in advance!
Jeff

Attachments

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,046 Posts
I had a misfire that came and went. Replaced two coil packs that were after market brand with GM ones. Also discovered someone had prodded the wires going to the two coil packs. Each two share a common ground so was thought that either current was jumping within bad wires or computer not recognizing after market packs Fixed wiring and replaced packs and has ran great for couple thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
My 05 SSR had a misfire due to a cracked #7 spark plug. (It took a lot of cleaning to see the crack in the plug)
The tech 2 could not read it, due to the ECM having a performance tune.
The ECM was reprogrammed to factory settings and the Tech 2 could read the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts